DO NOT check this box if you are using a public computer. User IDs potentially containing sensitive information will not be saved.
Sign on to Online Banking
Tips on making the most of your transferable skills.
Your personality traits, communication style, and other interpersonal abilities.
Ability to identify and analyze problems and find effective solutions.
Specific knowledge and training that is quantifiable for career success.
Allows you to sort data, plan projects, gather resources, keep accurate records and coordinate multiple priorities.
Intangible qualities or traits that are unique to you. They tell others whether or not you are dependable, accountable, a team player and more.
Don't let your military job title define you. You have many transferable skills like leadership, risk management, and the list goes on..."
Identifying Your Skills
Transferable skills can be applied in any job, at any level, and they are at the heart of all professional accomplishments.
- Analyze your personal strengths in support of your professional exploration
- Determine your actual work versus what is written in your job description
- Conduct an honest self-assessment to ensure your awareness and marketability
- Enlist the help of your manager, peers, friends or family for additional feedback and advice
- Consider non-traditional types of experiences, such as Military training or extracurricular activities
Ways to Develop Your Skills
- Employment and project work
- Education and training
- Community involvement
- Life experiences
Marketing Your Skills
- Know yourself, trust your abilities and have confidence
- Share relevant, actionable examples
- Reference “stretch assignments” if applicable
- Write a career objective or summary that highlights your applicable skills
- Add all applicable skills into your LinkedIn profile
Whether crafting your resume, writing a cover letter or sitting in an interview, remember to share examples of how you used your skills to meet challenges and achieve success.
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation (including any technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process), whether during the job application and hiring process or afterward if you are selected for a PNC position, please call 877-968-7762 and select Recruiting (option 4) or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Legal Disclosures & Information
PNC provides equal opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
GET IN TOUCH
Banking on the Go
We have tools to help you bank when and where you want.Mobile Apps Directory »
Be part of our inclusive culture that strives for excellence and rewards talent.Visit PNC Careers »
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved.