DO NOT check this box if you are using a public computer. User IDs potentially containing sensitive information will not be saved.
Sign on to Online Banking
Tips to help you effectively use your professional network for career success.
- Be active on professional networking sites
- Post a career-appropriate photo
- Manage your profile and keep it up to date
- Connect with current and former colleagues
- Follow people and companies that interest you
- Ask for introductions from mutual connections
- Build and protect your personal brand
Opportunities begin by making connections. Introduce yourself to someone in a role that interests you. You never know where that connection could lead."
- When meeting someone for the first time, be sure to repeat their name in conversation to help yourself remember
- Always have one hand free so you have the opportunity to shake hands
- Smile and make eye contact
- Don't dominate the conversation
- Don't be afraid to leave conversations to speak with other individuals
Be yourself and be confident. It's what makes you unique.
Successful networking comes down to not being afraid to make initial contact with someone. Be sure to follow-up on leads and send a “thank you” message to new contacts (and the colleague who referred you).
Most important of all? Never stop networking!
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation (including any technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process), whether during the job application and hiring process or afterward if you are selected for a PNC position, please call 877-968-7762 and select Recruiting (option 4) or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Legal Disclosures & Information
PNC provides equal opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
GET IN TOUCH
Banking on the Go
We have tools to help you bank when and where you want.Mobile Apps Directory »
Be part of our inclusive culture that strives for excellence and rewards talent.Visit PNC Careers »
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved.