DO NOT check this box if you are using a public computer. User IDs potentially containing sensitive information will not be saved.
Sign on to Online Banking
Our Philanthropic Efforts
As a Main Street bank, PNC takes pride in being an active member of the communities it serves. Community involvement is at the heart of our civic engagement and an extension of our commitment to look out for the best interests of all of our stakeholders. At the center of PNC’s community involvement is the PNC Foundation. Through the PNC Foundation, PNC works with high-quality community-based nonprofit organizations to understand and address issues that best align with its philanthropic priorities of early childhood education and community and economic development.
PNC Charitable Giving
In 2017, PNC supported its communities through $72 million in charitable giving, including both charitable sponsorships and PNC Foundation grants. Over the next five years, PNC plans to invest $375 million in funding and charitable sponsorships in its communities.
PNC Grow Up Great®
PNC Grow Up Great is the company’s $500 million, multi-year, bilingual initiative in early childhood education. Through a combination of philanthropic partnerships and employee volunteerism, Grow Up Great provides tools and resources that help children from birth through age 5 develop a passion for learning that sets them on a path to future success.
New programs and initiatives implemented in 2017 include:
Among the most pressing needs in early childhood education are supplies and educational experiences to enhance classroom learning. Too many teachers reach into their own pockets to purchase books, art and science materials or to cover the cost of a field trip.
In 2017, the PNC Foundation supported thousands of pre-K and Head Start classroom project requests as part of a new $5 million initiative with DonorsChoose.org, a crowd-funding platform that allows individuals to donate directly to public and private charter school classroom projects. PNC’s initiative was significant in that it allowed DonorsChoose.org to expand its platform to include project requests from teachers in Head Start programs, which promote school readiness and positive development outcomes for young children and their low-income families.
On April 4, a $504,000 donation from PNC funded 865 projects in public and charter pre-K and Head Start classrooms in 22 states and Washington, D.C., markets where PNC has a business presence.
Since then—and with support from PNC’s dollar-for-dollar match offer—more than 6,500 DonorsChoose.org pre-K and Head Start projects, totaling more $3.7 million and benefiting approximately 220,000 children, have been fully funded. Of these projects, more than 1,000 have benefited Head Start classrooms. PNC's matching contributions totaled $1.7 million, while other donors contributed $2.1 million.
Christine Hines-McGee’s classroom was among the beneficiaries of $1.7 million in match funding
from the PNC Foundation’s alliance with DonorsChoose.org.
Children are learning social emotional skills, how to interact with each other, learning how to share, how to be creative and flexible in thinking.
Vocabulary Building Initiative
In 2014, PNC announced a new, multi-city, $10 million initiative designed to encourage families to build their children’s vocabulary and teach the skills required to do this effectively. Results of this initiative were so positive that in 2017, PNC extended the initiative with an additional investment of $3.65 million.
In each city in which the initiative was rolled out, the participating educational and community organizations developed collaborative programs designed to level the educational playing field for participating children. While the methodologies were different, each of the programs increased families’ awareness of building children’s vocabulary through everyday interactions, like talking, singing, reading and playing.
investiment designed to teach the skills required
to help families build thier children's vocabulary
Sally McCrady, PNC Foundation president and chair, helps pre-K students with an art project at the
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh.
Partnership Spotlight: Message from Me
Supported through PNC Grow Up Great, Message from Me is a web application developed in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University’s CREATE Lab and Trying Together, an organization that supports early childhood education in Pittsburgh. Message from Me technology enriches children’s early learning experiences by enabling them to record, through audio and photos, their daily classroom activities and send them to registered parents and caregivers. In this way, the app promotes the use of language, fosters creativity and self-expression, and enhances communication between parent and child by connecting families to the child’s classroom in a deep and meaningful way. Message from Me is used by approximately 800 teachers in nearly 200 early childhood education centers across the country.
PNC Fairfax Connection
Since its opening in 2012, PNC Fairfax Connection has helped to revitalize Cleveland’s Fairfax neighborhood. It provides space for children and adults alike to learn, collaborate, work and grow.
2017 Giving At-a-Glance
PNC Foundation Grants totaled $48.7 million
PNC Charitable Sponsorships totaled $23.3 million
Giving by Focus
- Education: $26.9 million
- Community Development: $13.4 million
- Culture & Arts: $13.4 million
- Health & Human Services: $11.4 million
- Civic: $6.8 million
in Charitable Gifts
PNC plans to provide
in its communities over the next 5 years
Corporate Awards & Recognition
Employer of Choice
- 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™, Achievers (2018)
- Most Admired for HR, Human Resource Executive magazine (2018)
- 50 Happiest Companies in America, CareerBliss (2018)
Diversity & Inclusion
- Best Finance Companies for Women, Fairygodboss (2019)
- Gender-Equality Index (BFGEI), Bloomberg (2019)
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign (2019)
- A. Leon Higginbotham Corporate Leadership Award, National Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights (2018)
- Top 50 Employers, CAREERS & the disABLED magazine (2019)
- Top 70 Companies for Executive Women, National Association for Female Executives (2019)
- 100% Score on the 2018 Disability Equality Index ® (DEI®) Best Places to Work™
- The Most Powerful Women in Banking and Finance, American Banker (2018)
- 50 Best Companies for Diversity, Black Enterprise magazine (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Women, Women's Choice Award® (2018)
- Top Financial Companies, Professional Woman’s magazine (2018)
- America’s 2018 “Best-of-the-Best” Corporations for Inclusion, National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) and National Business Inclusion Consortium (NBIC) (2018)
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers, Working Mother magazine (2018)
- Best Companies for Dads, Working Mother magazine (2018)
- 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads, Fatherly (2018)
- Top Supplier Diversity Programs, Black EOE Journal (2018)
- Top Employer, Black EOE Journal (2018)
- Top LGBT Friendly, Black EOE Journal (2018)
- Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work, DiversityMBA Magazine’s 50 Out Front Companies for Diversity Leadership (2018)
- Best of the Best for Top Disability-Friendly Companies, DIVERSEability magazine (2018)
- Top Financial/Banking Companies, Hispanic Network magazine (2018)
- Top 1000 Company Worldwide for Millennial Women, Mogul (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Multicultural Women, Women's Choice Award® (2018)
Military & Veteran Support
- Best of the Best Top Veteran-Friendly Companies, U.S. Veterans Magazine (2018)
- Top Veteran Friendly Supplier Diversity Programs, U.S. Veterans magazine (2018)
- Outstanding Community Reinvestment Act Rating
- Silver Halo Award, Engage for Good (2018)
- Laurie D. Zelon Pro Bono Award, Pro Bono Institute (2018)
- Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Award, Financial Services Roundtable (2017)
- Corporate Citizenship Award, Pittsburgh Business Times (2017)
- 100 Most Sustainable Companies, Barron’s (2018)
- Leader in Climate Disclosure, Carbon Disclosure Project (2017)
GET IN TOUCH
Banking on the Go
We have tools to help you bank when and where you want.Mobile Apps Directory »
Be part of our inclusive culture that strives for excellence and rewards talent.Visit PNC Careers »
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved.