The Experience Matters
At PNC, our customers are at the center of everything we do, and delivering an exceptional customer experience is among the key performance goals established for every PNC employee.
In 2017, PNC continued to grow its customer-focused employee culture through numerous enhancements, including one to our recruiting and hiring process that will allow us to better assess an individual’s dedication to the customer. Also, our customer advocacy review process was expanded to incorporate a more robust customer impact assessment, and we reinforced behaviors and skills, such as empathy, that are critical for meeting and exceeding customer expectations through enterprise-wide training. Furthermore, to ensure that we can quickly react to customers’ changing needs, we adopted an Agile approach to management within many of our digital and product teams, enabling greater project flexibility and responsiveness.
Our customer-focused culture can be seen in the sheer number of employees who submitted improvement opportunities through our “Just Fix It!” portal, more than triple the number compared to 2016. Employees use Just Fix It! to raise their hands about issues that they believe impact their ability to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Many of these submissions have led to significant process improvements, including extensive system enhancements to reduce employee processing time and expand customer online self-service capabilities.
Our employees’ dedication has been validated by several honors this past year. PNC ranked first in the inaugural J.D. Power 2017 National Bank Satisfaction StudySM, which provides a comprehensive view of customer experiences with all bank product lines at the six largest national banks. Also, PNC rose to fourth place among 10 traditional Retail Banks in Forrester’s 2017 U.S. Customer Experience Index.
PNC uses the Net Promoter Score to determine the likelihood of customers recommending our products and services to others. We apply a similar process internally for measuring an employee’s likelihood of recommending PNC as an employer.
In addition to third-party recognition, PNC uses the Net Promoter Score (NPS) to determine the likelihood of customers recommending our products and services to others. We apply a similar process internally for measuring an employee’s likelihood of recommending PNC as an employer. Our ratings for both continue to increase annually, and we are constantly refining our driver questions and conclusions to ensure that we are creating a consistent, accurate and efficient approach to leveraging feedback.
In 2018, PNC is working to help all employees understand how the company’s customer focus goal specifically applies to them, embedding a stronger sense of customer experience accountability and ownership. We are redesigning and launching our new employee onboarding experience to be more comprehensive and to better instill our corporate values, especially customer focus, within the initial days of joining PNC.
Our customers’ expectations are changing faster than ever, and we are working just as quickly to understand and improve the customer experience.
in the inaugural J.D. Power 2017 National Bank Satisfaction StudySM
PNC rose to
among 10 traditional Retail Banks in Forrester’s 2017 U.S. Customer Experience Index.
Corporate Awards & Recognition
- World's Most Admired Companies, FORTUNE magazine (2018)
- 100 Most Sustainable Companies, Barron’s (2018)
- Most Admired for HR, Human Resource Executive magazine (2018)
- Forbes Global 2000, Forbes magazine (2017)
Employer of Choice
- Achiever’s 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in North America (2018)
- Great Workplace Award for Employee Engagement, Gallup (2017)
- 50 Happiest Companies in America, CareerBliss (2017)
Diversity & Inclusion
- A. Leon Higginbotham Corporate Leadership Award, The Lawyers’ Committee For Civil Rights Under Law (2018)
- 50 Best Companies for Diversity for 2018, BLACK ENTERPRISE (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Women, WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD® (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Multicultural Women, WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD® (2018)
- Top Financial Companies, Professional Woman’s magazine (2018)
- Top 1000 Company Worldwide for Millennial Women, Mogul (2018)
- 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads, Fatherly (2018)
- Financial Services Gender-Equality Index (BFGEI), Bloomberg (2018)
- Top 50 Employers, CAREERS & the disABLED magazine (2018)
- Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality, Human Rights Campaign (2018)
- 2018 Best-of-the-Best Corporation for Inclusion, National LGBT Chamber of Commerce/National Business Inclusion Consortium (2018)
- Top LGBT Friendly, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Employer, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Supplier Diversity Programs, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Financial/Banking Companies, Hispanic Network magazine (2018)
- Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work, Diversity MBA Magazine's 50 Out Front Companies for Diversity Leadership (2017)
- Top 50 Companies for Executive Women, National Association for Female Executives (2017)
- Top Diversity Employer, Professional Woman's Magazine (2017)
- The Most Powerful Women in Banking, American Banker (2017)
- Best of the Best for Top Disability-Friendly Companies, DIVERSEability magazine (2017)
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers, Working Mother magazine (2018)
- Top Corporation for Disability-Owned Businesses, US Business Leadership Network (2017)
- Diversity Leader Award, Diversity Journal (2017)
- PNC scored 100% on the 2018 Disability Equality Index® (DEI® ) Best Places to Work™
Military & Veteran Support
- Best of the Best Top Veteran-Friendly Companies, U.S. Veterans Magazine (2018)
- 2017 Best Corporations for Veterans Business Enterprises, National Veteran Owned Business Association (2017)
- Sponsor of the Year, Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs, Inc. (2017)
- Employee Business Resource Group Exemplar Award, Vibrant Pittsburgh (2017)
- Spotlight Impact Award, PRISM (2017)
- Outstanding Community Reinvestment Act Rating
- Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Award, Financial Services Roundtable (2017)
- Corporate Citizenship Award, Pittsburgh Business Times (2017)
- Leader in Climate Disclosure, Carbon Disclosure Project (2017)