Responsible Lending & Mortgage Practices
In 2017, PNC originated approximately $9 billion in residential mortgage loans to those purchasing a new home or financing a current home. We have helped tens of thousands of low- to moderate-income borrowers purchase, refinance or improve their homes. We are committed to supporting home ownership for low- and moderate-income borrowers and offering mortgage products that are affordable, flexible and sustainable. Among these products are those that adhere to Federal Housing Administration and Department of Veterans Affairs guidelines. Our portfolio mortgage product, PNC Community Mortgage, offers flexible underwriting guidelines and a reduced cost structure for prospective borrowers.
Home Lending Transformation
In 2017, PNC continued to make progress on its multi-year initiative to redesign the home lending process by integrating mortgage and home equity lending onto a common platform.
This transformation, which aims to enhance the customer experience by better aligning all of PNC’s home lending products, is designed to drive greater efficiencies and help us more easily comply with regulatory changes.
PNC is committed to understanding our customers and offering them a variety of products so that they can choose a mortgage option that best meets their needs. We understand, however, that life changes and other unexpected hardships may affect a borrower’s ability to repay a mortgage loan. PNC participates in several government- and investor-sponsored programs to assist homeowners who are unable to meet their obligations. The Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) is part of the federal Making Home Affordable (MHA) Program, which permanently changes the original terms of struggling homeowners’ mortgages to make monthly payments more affordable.
We also offer other MHA options for those who are unemployed or considering refinancing or selling their home for less than they owe. We also maintain numerous loss-mitigation and payment modification options, including forbearance, repayment plans, modifications, partial claims, short sales, assumptions and deeds in lieu of payment. Distressed homeowners are encouraged to contact PNC directly to discuss the right option for their individual circumstances.
2017 Highlight: PNC Home Insight Planner
In 2017, PNC launched its Home Insight Planner, a tool that gives customers the power to create real life budgets, determine what kind of house they can afford and then view houses within their budget.
in 2017, PNC Originated
in residential mortgage loans
PNC’s Home HQ features tools to help prospective homebuyers weigh the costs and benefits of home ownership.
Corporate Awards & Recognition
- World's Most Admired Companies, FORTUNE magazine (2018)
- 100 Most Sustainable Companies, Barron’s (2018)
- Most Admired for HR, Human Resource Executive magazine (2018)
- J.D. Power 2017 National Bank Satisfaction StudySM (First-Place Ranking)
- Forbes Global 2000, Forbes magazine (2017)
Employer of Choice
- Great Workplace Award for Employee Engagement, Gallup (2017)
- 50 Happiest Companies in America, CareerBliss (2017)
Diversity & Inclusion
- A. Leon Higginbotham Corporate Leadership Award, The Lawyers’ Committee For Civil Rights Under Law (2018)
- 50 Best Companies for Diversity for 2018, BLACK ENTERPRISE (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Women, WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD® (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Multicultural Women, WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD® (2018)
- Top Financial Companies, Professional Woman’s magazine (2018)
- Top 1000 Company Worldwide for Millennial Women, Mogul (2018)
- 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads, Fatherly (2018)
- Financial Services Gender-Equality Index (BFGEI), Bloomberg (2018)
- Top 50 Employers, CAREERS & the disABLED magazine (2018)
- Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality, Human Rights Campaign (2018)
- 2018 Best-of-the-Best Corporation for Inclusion, National LGBT Chamber of Commerce/National Business Inclusion Consortium (2018)
- Top LGBT Friendly, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Employer, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Supplier Diversity Programs, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Financial/Banking Companies, Hispanic Network magazine (2018)
- Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work, Diversity MBA Magazine's 50 Out Front Companies for Diversity Leadership (2017)
- Top 50 Companies for Executive Women, National Association for Female Executives (2017)
- Top Diversity Employer, Professional Woman's Magazine (2017)
- The Most Powerful Women in Banking, American Banker (2017)
- Best of the Best for Top Disability-Friendly Companies, DIVERSEability magazine (2017)
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers, Working Mother magazine (2017)
- Top Corporation for Disability-Owned Businesses, US Business Leadership Network (2017)
- Diversity Leader Award, Diversity Journal (2017)
Military & Veteran Support
- Best of the Best Top Veteran-Friendly Companies, U.S. Veterans Magazine (2018)
- 2017 Best Corporations for Veterans Business Enterprises, National Veteran Owned Business Association (2017)
- Sponsor of the Year, Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs, Inc. (2017)
- Employee Business Resource Group Exemplar Award, Vibrant Pittsburgh (2017)
- Spotlight Impact Award, PRISM (2017)
- Outstanding Community Reinvestment Act Rating
- Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Award, Financial Services Roundtable (2017)
- Corporate Citizenship Award, Pittsburgh Business Times (2017)
- Leader in Climate Disclosure, Carbon Disclosure Project (2017)