PNC’s benefits program is designed to reflect employee priorities and to deliver on one of our core values: quality of life. By focusing on three key areas – health, money and work/life – we can help employees better meet the demands of work and family, regardless of their role or the stage of their career.
2017 Benefits Changes
Some other benefit changes PNC made in 2017 include:
- Increased the minimum paid vacation time for full-time employees to 15 days
- Added coverage for Applied Behavioral Analysis Therapy for autism under PNC’s medical coverage options
- Launched educational seminars on how employees can get the most value out of PNC’s benefits and programs.
These changes, combined with PNC’s already competitive compensation and benefits package, allow PNC to attract and retain top talent and position the company for future growth.
Tools for Better Finances, Health and Work/Life
As a financial services company, PNC is committed to promoting financial well-being for our customers and our employees. In 2017, PNC introduced Prepare4Life, a campaign to help employees understand how to get the most financial value from PNC’s benefits and programs. Initial outreach has included in-person seminars, webinars and articles on a range of benefits-related topics. In 2018, Prepare4Life will work in partnership with MoneyWise and other internal and external partners to develop a comprehensive program that incorporates a broad range of financial well-being resources for employees across the organization.
PNC offers eligible employees Wellness Incentives for completing specific wellness activities. Employees and their covered spouses/domestic partners can earn Health Savings Account credits or cash wellness credits as activities are completed.
In addition, employees in Pittsburgh and Miamisburg, Ohio have access to onsite well-being centers. These centers provide convenient, affordable and high-quality primary, preventive and urgent care, as well as lab services, annual physicals, well-woman exams and physical therapy. The centers are open to all employees enrolled in PNC medical benefits, as well as their covered spouse/domestic partner and covered dependents over the age of 2. Other highlights include free, confidential health assessments and on-site biometric screenings; flu shots; tobacco cessation programs; health coaching; counseling with a certified clinician; wellness challenges; and new mothers’ rooms for nursing mothers.
PNC offers MoneyWise, an employee program that includes tools, personal guidance and special discounts and perks to help employees reach their near- and long-term financial goals. Employees also have access to third-party financial counseling through GuidanceResources.
Through its third-party vendor, GuidanceResources, Living Well helps employees find housing, research child and elder care resources, plan for their child’s college education and prepare for other life changes. Furthermore, Living Well offers employees highly-subsidized back-up child and elder care and provides eligible new parents of any gender six weeks of fully-paid leave for birth or adoption, in addition to 10 weeks of fully paid maternity leave for eligible new mothers.
Corporate Awards & Recognition
- World's Most Admired Companies, FORTUNE magazine (2018)
- 100 Most Sustainable Companies, Barron’s (2018)
- Most Admired for HR, Human Resource Executive magazine (2018)
- Forbes Global 2000, Forbes magazine (2017)
Employer of Choice
- Achiever’s 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in North America (2018)
- Great Workplace Award for Employee Engagement, Gallup (2017)
- 50 Happiest Companies in America, CareerBliss (2017)
Diversity & Inclusion
- A. Leon Higginbotham Corporate Leadership Award, The Lawyers’ Committee For Civil Rights Under Law (2018)
- 50 Best Companies for Diversity for 2018, BLACK ENTERPRISE (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Women, WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD® (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Multicultural Women, WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD® (2018)
- Top Financial Companies, Professional Woman’s magazine (2018)
- Top 1000 Company Worldwide for Millennial Women, Mogul (2018)
- 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads, Fatherly (2018)
- Financial Services Gender-Equality Index (BFGEI), Bloomberg (2018)
- Top 50 Employers, CAREERS & the disABLED magazine (2018)
- Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality, Human Rights Campaign (2018)
- 2018 Best-of-the-Best Corporation for Inclusion, National LGBT Chamber of Commerce/National Business Inclusion Consortium (2018)
- Top LGBT Friendly, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Employer, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Supplier Diversity Programs, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Financial/Banking Companies, Hispanic Network magazine (2018)
- Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work, Diversity MBA Magazine's 50 Out Front Companies for Diversity Leadership (2017)
- Top 50 Companies for Executive Women, National Association for Female Executives (2017)
- Top Diversity Employer, Professional Woman's Magazine (2017)
- The Most Powerful Women in Banking, American Banker (2017)
- Best of the Best for Top Disability-Friendly Companies, DIVERSEability magazine (2017)
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers, Working Mother magazine (2018)
- Top Corporation for Disability-Owned Businesses, US Business Leadership Network (2017)
- Diversity Leader Award, Diversity Journal (2017)
- PNC scored 100% on the 2018 Disability Equality Index® (DEI® ) Best Places to Work™
Military & Veteran Support
- Best of the Best Top Veteran-Friendly Companies, U.S. Veterans Magazine (2018)
- 2017 Best Corporations for Veterans Business Enterprises, National Veteran Owned Business Association (2017)
- Sponsor of the Year, Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs, Inc. (2017)
- Employee Business Resource Group Exemplar Award, Vibrant Pittsburgh (2017)
- Spotlight Impact Award, PRISM (2017)
- Outstanding Community Reinvestment Act Rating
- Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Award, Financial Services Roundtable (2017)
- Corporate Citizenship Award, Pittsburgh Business Times (2017)
- Leader in Climate Disclosure, Carbon Disclosure Project (2017)