PNC realizes that finding meaningful ways to acknowledge employees’ contributions to the company’s success is critical to creating a workplace where employees are engaged, productive and happy.
In 2017, CareerBliss ranked PNC ninth on its list of the happiest companies based on employee survey data. From adjusting salaries, to extending leave time to new parents (both male and female) and creating real pathways to development and career advancement for every employee, we have made decisions and taken actions to create an environment where people are engaged and have an opportunity to thrive.
Reinvestment of Tax Savings
The tax legislation enacted in December 2017 gives PNC increased flexibility as we continue to invest in our businesses, people and communities. Specifically, the company announced plans to raise its minimum hourly pay rate to $15 an hour for eligible employees by the end of 2018. In addition, PNC provided a $1,500 credit to the pension accounts of employees who participate in the PNC pension plan and provided a $1,000 one-time cash payment in the first quarter of 2018 to approximately 90 percent of employees. For our communities, PNC made a $200 million contribution to the PNC Foundation, which oversees our work on early childhood education through PNC Grow Up Great®, as well as our support for other important causes that help our communities thrive.
2017 Employee Engagement and Recognition Highlights:
- For the ninth consecutive year, PNC was named a Gallup Great Workplace for excellence in employee engagement, specifically within the Retail Banking business.
- Eight employees were honored during PNC’s 25th Annual Performance Awards ceremony, a live-streamed event that recognizes an elite group of employees.
- 331 employees were inducted into PNC’s Quarter Century Club, which recognizes those with 25 years of service with the company. These employees joined more than 4,000 others who were already part of the Quarter Century Club and who have more than 26 years of service with the company.
- Spotlight, our employee recognition program, continued to extend its reach as employees distributed millions of recognition messages and award points across the company. The introduction of the Thanksgivingthemed #ThankfulThursdays increased the number of recognition messages sent in November 2017 by 40 percent compared to November 2016. Furthermore, #GreatKids, an ongoing program tying recognition to community support, continued to drive the donation of hundreds of iPads to children and teachers in lowto moderate-income communities.
The 2017 Performance Awards winners with CEO Bill Demchak at the 25th annual award ceremony.Left to Right: Back Row – Rob Hill, Wanda Richards, Bill Demchak, Niyama Ramanan, David Flickinger. Front row - Julie Crespo, Joy Jones, Mary Beach, Karoline Krailo
Proud to be named a "Gallup Great Workplace" winner for excellence in employee engagement
We encourage our employees to be active members of the community. Their volunteerism - through our signature cause, PNC Grow Up Great, as well as through pro-bono work - is another example of employee engagement.
Learn More »
PNC supports certain of its employees’ philanthropic efforts by matching their charitable contributions dollar-for-dollar, up to $2,500 per year. All active full-time employees are eligible, and contributions can be matched to educational institutions, cultural organizations, and human services organizations, as defined and subject to approval by the PNC Foundation Matching Gift Program.
Corporate Awards & Recognition
- World's Most Admired Companies, FORTUNE magazine (2018)
- 100 Most Sustainable Companies, Barron’s (2018)
- Most Admired for HR, Human Resource Executive magazine (2018)
- Forbes Global 2000, Forbes magazine (2017)
Employer of Choice
- Achiever’s 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in North America (2018)
- Great Workplace Award for Employee Engagement, Gallup (2017)
- 50 Happiest Companies in America, CareerBliss (2017)
Diversity & Inclusion
- A. Leon Higginbotham Corporate Leadership Award, The Lawyers’ Committee For Civil Rights Under Law (2018)
- 50 Best Companies for Diversity for 2018, BLACK ENTERPRISE (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Women, WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD® (2018)
- Best Companies for Dads, Working Mother magazine (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Multicultural Women, WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD® (2018)
- Top Financial Companies, Professional Woman’s magazine (2018)
- Top 1000 Company Worldwide for Millennial Women, Mogul (2018)
- 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads, Fatherly (2018)
- Financial Services Gender-Equality Index (BFGEI), Bloomberg (2018)
- Top 50 Employers, CAREERS & the disABLED magazine (2018)
- Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality, Human Rights Campaign (2018)
- 2018 Best-of-the-Best Corporation for Inclusion, National LGBT Chamber of Commerce/National Business Inclusion Consortium (2018)
- Top LGBT Friendly, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Employer, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Supplier Diversity Programs, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Financial/Banking Companies, Hispanic Network magazine (2018)
- Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work, Diversity MBA Magazine's 50 Out Front Companies for Diversity Leadership (2017)
- Top 50 Companies for Executive Women, National Association for Female Executives (2017)
- Top Diversity Employer, Professional Woman's Magazine (2017)
- The Most Powerful Women in Banking, American Banker (2017)
- Best of the Best for Top Disability-Friendly Companies, DIVERSEability magazine (2017)
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers, Working Mother magazine (2018)
- Top Corporation for Disability-Owned Businesses, US Business Leadership Network (2017)
- Diversity Leader Award, Diversity Journal (2017)
- PNC scored 100% on the 2018 Disability Equality Index® (DEI® ) Best Places to Work™
Military & Veteran Support
- Best of the Best Top Veteran-Friendly Companies, U.S. Veterans Magazine (2018)
- 2017 Best Corporations for Veterans Business Enterprises, National Veteran Owned Business Association (2017)
- Sponsor of the Year, Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs, Inc. (2017)
- Employee Business Resource Group Exemplar Award, Vibrant Pittsburgh (2017)
- Spotlight Impact Award, PRISM (2017)
- Outstanding Community Reinvestment Act Rating
- Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Award, Financial Services Roundtable (2017)
- Corporate Citizenship Award, Pittsburgh Business Times (2017)
- Leader in Climate Disclosure, Carbon Disclosure Project (2017)