DO NOT check this box if you are using a public computer. User IDs potentially containing sensitive information will not be saved.
Sign on to Online Banking
In 2018, PNC conducted its second materiality analysis — the first of which was conducted in 2015 — to identify its priority issues while taking into account the concerns and expectations of internal and external stakeholders. This materiality analysis is a requirement of the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) Standards framework and informed much of the content in this report.
As part of this materiality analysis, we worked with a sustainability consultant to conduct in-depth research, including surveying employees and conducting interviews with PNC executives, customers and suppliers, as well as public officials and community leaders. We selected each participant carefully, surveying employees whose roles are relevant to the company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) priorities, and interviewing external stakeholders who are familiar with PNC’s strengths, opportunities and impacts.
Among other results, PNC’s analysis confirmed that data privacy and protection, ethical conduct, risk management, customer relations, innovation and talent management are the issues of greatest importance and impact to PNC and its stakeholders. As community engagement, responsible lending and employee engagement are by no means immaterial — rather, they are very important in defining who we are as an organization — we have assigned them to a second priority band of “important” issues. Below is a materiality matrix that highlights these material and important issues, among others of varying significance.
PNC publishes an annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report. This is our fourth GRI-based report and has been prepared in accordance with the GRI Standards: Core option. PNC’s 2018 CSR report covers the period of January 1 through December 31, 2018. Our most recent, prior CSR report was published in April 2018, and all of PNC’s GRI reports are available online at www.pnc.com/csr.
In addition to identifying the company’s priority issues, PNC’s analysis assessed the extent to which these issues impact various stakeholders. PNC’s GRI index outlines the boundaries of these issues, all of which are mapped to GRI Standards topics.
Corporate Awards & Recognition
Employer of Choice
- 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™, Achievers (2018)
- Most Admired for HR, Human Resource Executive magazine (2018)
- 50 Happiest Companies in America, CareerBliss (2018)
Diversity & Inclusion
- 2019 Employer of the Year, Disability:IN (2019)
- Best Finance Companies for Women, Fairygodboss (2019)
- Gender-Equality Index (BFGEI), Bloomberg (2019)
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign (2019)
- A. Leon Higginbotham Corporate Leadership Award, National Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights (2018)
- Top 50 Employers, CAREERS & the disABLED magazine (2019)
- Top 70 Companies for Executive Women, National Association for Female Executives (2019)
- 100% Score on the 2019 Disability Equality Index® (DEI®) Best Places to Work™
- The Most Powerful Women in Banking and Finance, American Banker (2018)
- 50 Best Companies for Diversity, Black Enterprise magazine (2018)
- Best Companies to work for Women, WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD® (2019)
- Top Financial Companies, Professional Woman’s magazine (2019)
- 2019 "Best-of-the-Best" Corporation for Inclusion, National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) and National Business Inclusion Consortium (NBIC) (2019)
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers, Working Mother magazine (2018)
- Best Companies for Dads, Working Mother magazine (2018)
- 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads, Fatherly (2018)
- Top Supplier Diversity Programs, Black EOE Journal (2019)
- Top Employer, Black EOE Journal (2019)
- Top LGBTQ+ Friendly, Black EOE Journal (2019)
- 50 Out Front: Best Places to work for Women & Diverse Managers, DiversityMBA Magazine (2019)
- Best of the Best for Top Disability-Friendly Companies, DIVERSEability magazine (2018)
- Top Financial/Banking Companies, Hispanic Network magazine (2018)
- Top 1000 Company Worldwide for Millennial Women, Mogul (2018)
- Best Companies to work for Multicultural Women, WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD® (2019)
Military & Veteran Support
- Best of the Best Top Veteran-Friendly Companies, U.S. Veterans Magazine (2019)
- Top Veteran Friendly Supplier Diversity Programs, U.S. Veterans magazine (2019)
- Outstanding Community Reinvestment Act Rating
- Silver Halo Award, Engage for Good (2018)
- Laurie D. Zelon Pro Bono Award, Pro Bono Institute (2018)
- Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Award, Financial Services Roundtable (2017)
- Corporate Citizenship Award, Pittsburgh Business Times (2017)
- 100 Most Sustainable Companies, Barron’s (2018)
- Leader in Climate Disclosure, Carbon Disclosure Project (2017)
GET IN TOUCH
Banking on the Go
We have tools to help you bank when and where you want.Mobile Apps Directory »
Be part of our inclusive culture that strives for excellence and rewards talent.Visit PNC Careers »
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved.