DO NOT check this box if you are using a public computer. User IDs potentially containing sensitive information will not be saved.
Sign on to Online Banking
In 2015, PNC conducted a comprehensive materiality analysis to identify its priority issues while taking into account the concerns and expectations of internal and external stakeholders. This materiality analysis is a requirement of the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) G4 framework and informed much of the content in this report.
As part of the materiality analysis, we worked with a sustainability consultant to conduct in-depth research, including surveying employees and conducting interviews with PNC executives, customers and suppliers, as well as public officials and community leaders.
We selected each participant carefully, surveying employees whose roles are relevant to the company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) priorities, and interviewing external stakeholders who are familiar with PNC’s strengths, opportunities and impacts.
Among other results, PNC’s analysis confirmed that financial performance, customer relations, data privacy and protection, community engagement, innovation and ethical conduct are the issues of greatest importance and impact to PNC and its stakeholders.
In addition to identifying the company’s priority issues, PNC’s analysis assessed the extent to which these issues impact various stakeholders. Below is a table that outlines the boundaries of these issues, all of which are mapped to GRI G4 Aspects or topics.
|GRI G4 Material Aspects||Material within organization or external||Relevant external entities|
|Financial Performance||Economic performance
||Both||Communities, competitors, customers, non-governmental organizations, shareholders, suppliers|
|Customer Relations||Product and service labeling||Both||Customers, non-governmental organizations, regulators|
|Marketing communications||Both||Customers, shareholders, non-governmental organizations, regulators|
|Data Privacy & Protection||Customer privacy||Both||Customers, shareholders, employees|
|Community Engagement||Market presence||Both||Communities, competitors, customers, non-governmental organizations, suppliers|
|Indirect economic impacts||External||Communities, customers, non-governmental organizations, suppliers|
|Innovation||N/A - GRI does not have relevant aspects
||Both||Competitors, customers, shareholders, regulators, suppliers|
|Ethical Conduct||Anti-corruption||Both||Customers, shareholders, regulators, suppliers|
|Anti-competitive behavior||Both||Competitors, customers, shareholders, regulators, suppliers|
PNC publishes an annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report. This is our third GRI-based report and has been prepared in accordance with the Core GRI G4 Guidelines, including the Financial Services Sector Disclosure. PNC’s 2017 CSR report covers the period of January 1 through December 31, 2017. Our most recent, prior CSR report was published in March 2017.
Corporate Awards & Recognition
Employer of Choice
- 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™, Achievers (2018)
- Most Admired for HR, Human Resource Executive magazine (2018)
- 50 Happiest Companies in America, CareerBliss (2018)
Diversity & Inclusion
- Gender-Equality Index (BFGEI), Bloomberg (2019)
- A. Leon Higginbotham Corporate Leadership Award, National Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights (2018)
- Top 50 Employers, CAREERS & the disABLED magazine (2019)
- Top 70 Companies for Executive Women, National Association for Female Executives (2019)
- 100% Score on the 2018 Disability Equality Index ® (DEI®) Best Places to Work™
- The Most Powerful Women in Banking and Finance, American Banker (2018)
- 50 Best Companies for Diversity, Black Enterprise magazine (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Women, Women's Choice Award® (2018)
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign (2018)
- Top Financial Companies, Professional Woman’s magazine (2018)
- America’s 2018 “Best-of-the-Best” Corporations for Inclusion, National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) and National Business Inclusion Consortium (NBIC) (2018)
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers, Working Mother magazine (2018)
- Best Companies for Dads, Working Mother magazine (2018)
- 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads, Fatherly (2018)
- Top Supplier Diversity Programs, Black EOE Journal (2018)
- Top Employer, Black EOE Journal (2018)
- Top LGBT Friendly, Black EOE Journal (2018)
- Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work, DiversityMBA Magazine’s 50 Out Front Companies for Diversity Leadership (2018)
- Best of the Best for Top Disability-Friendly Companies, DIVERSEability magazine (2018)
- Top Financial/Banking Companies, Hispanic Network magazine (2018)
- Top 1000 Company Worldwide for Millennial Women, Mogul (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Multicultural Women, Women's Choice Award® (2018)
Military & Veteran Support
- Best of the Best Top Veteran-Friendly Companies, U.S. Veterans Magazine (2018)
- Top Veteran Friendly Supplier Diversity Programs, U.S. Veterans magazine (2018)
- Outstanding Community Reinvestment Act Rating
- Silver Halo Award, Engage for Good (2018)
- Laurie D. Zelon Pro Bono Award, Pro Bono Institute (2018)
- Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Award, Financial Services Roundtable (2017)
- Corporate Citizenship Award, Pittsburgh Business Times (2017)
- 100 Most Sustainable Companies, Barron’s (2018)
- Leader in Climate Disclosure, Carbon Disclosure Project (2017)
GET IN TOUCH
Banking on the Go
We have tools to help you bank when and where you want.Mobile Apps Directory »
Be part of our inclusive culture that strives for excellence and rewards talent.Visit PNC Careers »
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved.