How To Receive A New Debit Card – Instantly
You lost your debit card and now you have to wait 7-10 business days for a new one to arrive in the mail. No one has time for that. PNC is transforming this experience for customers who need a new debit card – now*.
It was 24 hours before her trip to New York when Grace Oxley misplaced her debit card.
“Not only was I leaving for New York City that weekend, I was leaving for Europe in 2 weeks. I thought it took 7-10 days to receive a new card,” said Oxley, a four-year PNC customer. “My debit card is my lifeline for my funds.”
Oxley contacted the PNC call center and was surprised to learn her nearby branch at Bakery Square in Pittsburgh could print a new debit card for her – within two minutes on average.
“I had no idea branches could do this,” said Oxley. “I was surprised at how quickly the card was printed. Plus, I was able to place a travel notice on my card through the branch. My expectations were exceeded.”
Grace Oxley recently traveled to the U.K., France and Belgium.
Convenience is Key
Instant card issuance printers benefit PNC customers who instantly need a new debit card.
“We want to make it more convenient for people to bank with us,” said Ken Justice, senior vice president and ATM executive at PNC Bank. “The printers are a terrific addition to the services we provide at the branch.”
During instant issuance, pre-printed, chip-enabled card stock is customized with the customer's name, card number, expiration date and CVV code.
Not Just for Misplaced Cards
There are other times you might benefit from instant card issuance, including:
- After opening an account. Customers can have their card in hand and make their initial ATM deposit before they leave the branch.
- When children are away at college. Concerned parents will know their children can access funds instead of waiting for a new debit card to arrive.
- If a card is reported stolen or if fraudulent activity is detected. Customers who come into a branch to report a compromised card can leave with a new card, and the peace of mind of knowing their issues are being addressed.
- The off-chance that an ATM keeps your card. In the rare instance that an ATM machine malfunctions and a card is not returned following a transaction, a new card can be generated instantly at the branch. The same is true if a customer accidentally walks away from the machine without taking his or her card and the machine pulls it in to prevent the next customer from accessing it.
Currently, classic orange and Virtual Wallet® debit cards can be instantly printed and made ready for immediate use. Credit cards, business debit cards and affinity debit cards currently aren’t eligible.
Locate instant card availability at a branch near you.
Visit Branch Locator »
Grace Oxley needed her debit card replaced to have funds available on her recent trip to NYC and Europe
Did you know?
- Average printing time: 120 seconds
- Debit cards instantly printed and issued each day: 7,000+
- Current machines in branches: 2,200+
- Miles most PNC customers will be within a machine: 10
PNC Point of View
Real People. Real Perspective. Real Insights.
Read more POV Stories »
Important Legal Disclosures & Information
For information on card replacement fees please see the Consumer Schedule of Service Charges and Fees or Virtual Wallet Features and Fees.
Bank deposit products and services provided by PNC Bank. Member FDIC
These articles are for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal, tax, accounting or financial advice. PNC urges its customers to do independent research and to consult with financial and legal professionals before making any financial decisions.
This site may provide reference to Internet sites as a convenience to our readers. While PNC endeavors to provide resources that are reputable and safe, we cannot be held responsible for the information, products or services obtained on such sites and will not be liable for any damages arising from your access to such sites. The content, accuracy, opinions expressed and links provided by these resources are not investigated, verified, monitored or endorsed by PNC.
©2017 The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved. PNC Bank, National Association. Member FDIC.