Personal Small Business Corporate & Institutional About Us
The Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) conducts a survey each year on current and emerging trends in organizations’ cash and short-term investment holdings, investment policies and strategies. This survey includes responses from more than 600 corporate practitioners in a variety of organizations and industries. Here are some key statistics from this year’s study.
65% of organizations consider safety to the the most valuable short-term investment objective
If safety is a top priority for your company, how does your investment mix support it?
• PNC offers several liquidity solutions that can help you ensure that your deposits are managed efficiently while safety is the primary concern.
31% of organizations consider liquidity to be the most valuable short-term investment objective
If liquidity is your primary investment objective, are you fully utilizing your short-term cash based on your organization’s operational needs?
• PNC’s suite of liquidity solutions includes many options to help you fully utilize your short-term cash balances based on operational needs while still earning a market-competitive return.
76% of survey respondents reported having a significant cash impact in their organization within the past year due to a variety of factors.
When was the last time your organization reviewed your current deposit strategy and investment objectives?
• With rates continuing to rise, the passage of the Corporate Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, and an overall business-friendly environment, now is the perfect time to review your current investment goals and strategies. PNC can help guide the short-term investment conversation to determine the best strategies and goals based on your overall long-term objectives.
49% of organizations’ short-term investment portfolio is maintained in bank deposits.
Does your organization regularly review its cash management strategies to determine the appropriate mix of investments?
• PNC will work side-by-side with your organization to help provide efficient and effective cash management strategies – helping you manage idle cash balances, plan for future events and ultimately optimize returns.
83% of AFP Survey respondents stated they have an investment policy in place.
When was the last time your organization created or updated your investment policy guidelines?
• PNC can help guide the investment policy conversation, whether your organization would like to update its existing policy or create a brand new one. We have worked with many clients in the past to assist them in creating a policy that lines up with an organization’s investment objectives.
PNC understands that real estate companies maintain funds in separate entities. Due to this structure, deposits cannot be comingled. PNC has solutions that meet the unique requirements of the real estate industry while earning a competitive rate.
PNC’s Liquidity Management services can help you optimize liquidity, manage your short-term investment portfolios, gain access and visibility into daily cash balances and increase returns on idle cash.
By understanding your cash segmentation strategy, we can work with you to help you create an appropriate liquidity strategy for your unique needs and objectives
For more information about PNC Bank’s Liquidity Management services, click here or contact your Treasury Management Officer or Relationship Manager.
This article was prepared for general information purposes only and is not intended as legal, tax or accounting advice or as a recommendation to engage in any specific transaction, including with respect to any securities of PNC, and does not purport to be comprehensive. Under no circumstances should any information contained in this article be used or considered as an offer or commitment, or a solicitation of an offer or commitment, to participate in any particular transaction or strategy. Any reliance upon any such information is solely and exclusively at your own risk. Please consult your own counsel, accountant or other advisor regarding your specific situation. Neither PNC Bank nor any other subsidiary of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. will be responsible for any consequences of reliance upon any opinion or statement contained here, or any omission.
 2018 AFP® Liquidity Survey | www.AFPonline.org
Read a summary of privacy rights for California residents which outlines the types of information we collect, and how and why we use that information.
We have tools to help you bank when and where you want.Mobile Apps Directory »
Be part of our inclusive culture that strives for excellence and rewards talent.Visit PNC Careers »
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved.