Manage your Reconcilement, Disbursement and Fraud Protection Needs
PNC can help you streamline your reconcilement and balancing needs through Account Reconcilement, improve your forecasting and investment opportunities through Controlled Disbursement, tighten control over your issued and paid checks to help you reduce disbursement risk through our Positive Pay services and provide you a robust and user friendly archival for your check images through our Image Retrieval Services.
Account Reconcilement Program
PNC offers several reconciliation plans to help you monitor your disbursements and keep track of outstanding payments. Any selected service plan will help you reduce time spent reconciling and monitoring your disbursements.
Choose the best reconciliation plan to meet your needs:
- The Full Plan provides a full reconcilement of your PNC Bank disbursement account. With this option, you provide a check issue file to PNC Bank via transmission or through PINACLE®, which details the check serial number, check amount, issue date and status indicator (issue or cancel) for each item issued during the period.
- The Partial Plan provides a partial reconcilement of disbursement accounts if you have a small volume of checks, are unable to provide check issue information, or need to perform the full account reconcilement in-house. You receive complete reports of all checks paid against the disbursement account during the reconcilement period, along with check serial number, dollar amount and paid date for each paid item.
Take advantage of our account reconciliation options and enjoy a range of benefits.
A PNC Reconcilement Program can streamline your disbursement operations and offer you options tailored to fit your company while helping to reduce disbursement and payment fraud risk. Tighten your control over payments and reduce the time you spend on reconciling and monitoring accounts.
Controlled Disbursement Account
Controlled Disbursement Account service a check presentment service designed to help you minimize idle balances and tighten account management with minimal administrative involvement. The Controlled Disbursement service provides early same-day notification of your check clearing totals by 9am ET, allowing you to precisely fund disbursement activity, enhance investment opportunities or reduce borrowing requirements.
Through our companion Account Reconcilement services, we can help you monitor outstanding Controlled Disbursement checks to detect fraud and mitigate disbursement risk. Choose between two plans available:
- Paid Only Plan provides your organization with a partial reconcilement of disbursement accounts. You receive complete reports of all checks paid against your account during the reconcilement period, along with check number, dollar amount, and paid date for each paid item.
- Issue Plan is accurate and detailed, offering full reconcilement of your organization's disbursement account. With this option, you transmit a check issue file to PNC, which details the check number, check amount and the issue date for each item issued during the period. PNC compares this file to the items paid against your account to create paid and outstanding check reports. Check-payment errors (encoding errors, misposts, etc.) are identified and corrected by Bank personnel prior to generating reports.
Image Retrieval Service
Our Image Retrieval System captures and stores paid checks on CD for the ultimate in clarity and convenience. Each CD can hold up to 20,000 checks in a format that allows you to rotate images, zoom, move between front and back views and enhance the image as well as print or fax the images you need.
This CD-based system dramatically reduces the time you need to research checks and provide copies, meaning that you can resolve outstanding issues quickly. What's more, our system is simple to use and easily compatible with the hardware and software most companies have in place. Plus, the security of your financial information is also enhanced with our imaging system, since physical checks need no longer be stored in-house, and access to the system is via an individual system identification number.
Additionally, PNC provides an Image Bulk File service for ARP clients which provides a daily transmission of paid check images and an index file of check detail. The Image Bulk File is efficient, timely and automated
Image Bulk File provides the following benefits:
- Ability to receive check image files opposed to CD-ROMS
- Clients can import the check images and MICR detail directly into their internal systems
- Multiple accounts can be included on one PNC Image Bulk File
Positive Pay Services
PNC clients with account reconcilement services can enjoy the protection of Positive Pay, an automated check matching program. Positive Pay allows you to monitor checks processed for payment against your account and reject unauthorized transactions before losses occur.
Through Positive Pay, you simply transmit issue data to PNC when your company issues checks. Used in conjunction with our Account Reconcilement Program plans, Positive Pay complements the internal security measures you employ to protect against unauthorized checks being paid. When items are presented for payment, our matching and validation process allows us to quickly identify checks that are inconsistent with the data provided. Digitized images of exception items are provided online to enhance your pay/return decision-making. Review suspicious items efficiently and make timely payment decisions.
Two convenient Positive Pay services are available to address your needs.
- PNC's bank-maintained service allows you to send us a file of check issue data each day. We'll maintain your issue data and match checks as they are presented. Items not found in our database will be reported to you as exceptions that require a pay or return decision.
Combined with the bank maintained solution, we offer:
- Teller Positive Pay – this service enables us to compare your issue information to checks being presented at PNC branches.
- Point of Sale Positive Pay – this service allows us the ability to compare your issue information to checks being presented at thousands of retail locations across the country.
- If you choose our client maintained service, we'll provide you with a daily file of checks presented to us for payment. Then, you compare the checks presented with your own records and notify us regarding your payment decisions.
PINACLE® Positive Pay Services
Now, through PINACLE's® Positive Pay Module, you can have timely access to your Positive Pay exception items, helping you to reduce disbursement risk. Through user-friendly screens, you can easily review your Positive Pay exceptions and view images of those exceptions. You can also create issue records for your issue file and instruct us how to handle your exception items. As a result, this Web-based workflow tool helps to automate and streamline your accounts payable process, which can save you time and money.
This service can help you to maintain even tighter control over your disbursements and enhance your pay/return decision making.
Payee Positive Payee Service
PNC Bank offers Payee Positive Pay to corporate clients. Payee Positive Pay can be used with regular or controlled disbursement accounts and is synchronized to provide a comprehensive listing of Positive Pay exceptions.
Payee Matching Service
You provide PNC with a transmission of check issue data for each day your company has issued checks. As checks are presented for payment, the Payee name is matched against the Payee issue data from your file. Items that match your company's issue data are then further processed for Positive Pay matching. Items that do not match your issue data will be reported as exceptions - you review the exception items and advise PNC whether to pay or return each item. All exception items are image-enabled, resulting in a Pay/Return decision process that is timely and easy for your staff to complete.
Payee Positive Pay enhances our Positive Pay validation process by allowing you to include the Payee as an additional point of comparison between checks presented and your issue data file. It's an easy way to strengthen your fraud control measures and enjoy greater security. Just match the Payee name that should appear on the check with the actual name on the item presented for payment. As with our standard Positive Pay program, online delivery of exception item images speeds your decision-making process and helps you reduce your risk.