DO NOT check this box if you are using a public computer. User IDs potentially containing sensitive information will not be saved.
Sign on to Online Banking
The Financial Aid Process
You are encouraged to explore all scholarship, grant and federal borrowing options before applying for a private loan.
Federal Loan Process
In July 2010, President Obama signed legislation eliminating the Family Federal Loan Program (Stafford/PLUS). This legislation made the federal government the sole provider of new Stafford and PLUS loans.
Before you apply for loans, you should have:
- completed and sent in your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1st
- received an award letter from the school you plan to attend
- researched grants, scholarships and work-study programs
Will PNC continue to service my existing federal student loans?
Where should a student go to apply for federal direct student loans?
Students should contact their school's financial aid office or visit www.studentloans.gov for information about applying for federal student loans.
- Students/parents will need to submit a FAFSA each year in order to define financial need for federal aid/loan options.
- Students will receive an award letter from their school.
- Students must complete a new Master Promissory Note (MPN) with the Department of Education.
- Students will need to contact the loan servicer for the Department of Education.
What is a private loan and how do I know if I need one?
A private loan is a non-government student loan that is borrowed through a bank or private lender. Once students have borrowed the maximum in federal loans such as Stafford and PLUS Loans, they may need additional funds to cover the full cost of education. Private loans can bridge the gap between what's borrowed in federal loans and what's needed for the full cost of an education.
Does PNC offer private student loans?
Yes. PNC private student loans have helped students to bridge the gap between federal aid and the full cost of education.
PNC offers students the following private loans:
What types of expenses are covered by the PNC Solution Loan?
Private Loan Application Process
There are six steps that PNC Solution Loan™ applicants should know. These steps may require specific actions to be completed by you, your co-signer or the school in order to successfully progress through the application process.
- Complete the online loan application
- Submit the required loan documents
- Your school must certify the loan
- You will receive an Approval Disclosure that must be reviewed and accepted
- You will receive a Final Disclosure
- The loan funds will be sent to the school
Please be attentive to e-mails and messages from PNC, as well as from CampusDoor and American Education Services (AES), our service partners.
GET IN TOUCH
Banking on the Go
We have tools to help you bank when and where you want.Mobile Apps Directory »
Be part of our inclusive culture that strives for excellence and rewards talent.Visit PNC Careers »
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved.