1. Buy furniture that serves more than one purpose, like a table with drawers and built-in shelves.
2. Hang hooks under cabinets to add extra space for your most used items.
3. Mount electronics on the wall – TV, speakers, computer monitor, etc.
4. Create the illusion of an airier, more open space with oversized mirrors.
5. Use a kitchen cart for pots, pans, a rolling work space or a serving area.
6. Add a “guest room” by choosing a sofa bed over a regular couch.
7. Use ottomans for seating, storage, a foot rest – and with a decorative tray on top, as a table, too.
8. Use risers to make more room for drawers and seasonal storage under your bed.
9. Strategically place furniture or large houseplants to turn one room into two.
10. Use narrow vertical spaces to display favorite items or create easy access to daily used ones.
11. Hide blankets or extra pillows in cute or unexpected vessels, like a colorful basket or vintage suitcase.
12. Keep excess clutter at bay by continually assessing what you do and don’t need.
With a little ingenuity, a newfound expectation of furniture and an eye for blank walls, you can maximize any space – big, small, tall, narrow – into a home that works just for you.
PNC and PNC HomeHQ are registered service marks of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. ("PNC"). PNC is a registered service mark of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (“PNC”). All loans are provided by PNC Bank, National Association, a subsidiary of PNC, and are subject to credit approval and property appraisal.
©2022 The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved. PNC Bank, National Association.
Read a summary of privacy rights for California residents which outlines the types of information we collect, and how and why we use that information.