LIFE IN BALANCE
Is a River Cruise for You?
Learn more about this leisurely alternative to ocean voyages.
If you like the idea of cruising but the expanse of the ocean or your propensity for seasickness has deterred you, consider a river cruise. The slow pace of river cruising offers charms of its own, and there are a variety of tantalizing destinations. Like any vacation, whether river cruising will work for you or not will depend on your tastes. Here are some of the hallmarks of a river cruise. See if they call you aboard.
• The itinerary is set. On a river cruise, the itinerary is decided ahead of time, and there is no altering it. That can be a great thing in that there are no worries about what you’re going to do next, but it can be frustrating if you fall in love with a certain port or area and want to stay. The boat presses on!
• Time spent at each stop is limited. If you want to see a variety of destinations within a small scope of time, river cruising can be a real treat. If you’d like to explore an area in-depth, however, another type of vacation might serve you better.
• Low-key. They don’t call them lazy rivers for nothing. While many river cruises offer outings and excursions on bike and foot at the various ports, the essence of river cruising is moving at a slow pace along a river, and seeing what there is to see.
• Land ho! River cruises have land within easy reach at all times, and tend to make stops at least once a day. This can be great for those who want to see a lot of the area, and who might feel more confined on an ocean cruise. River ports are also generally closer to cities and towns. Often you can walk right to the port city’s center, along with its best restaurants and interesting culture, from where you disembark.
• Fear factor. A lot of people avoid ocean cruises because of the threat of both seasickness and sinking. On a river cruise, these aren’t as much of an issue, so you can bring family members who might otherwise have balked.
Think of the great rivers of the world — the Danube, the Mississippi, the Amazon — and consider where you might want to explore the next time you take a break from work. You might be surprised at what you can see.
More Insights eNews
Get helpful articles like this sent automatically to your inbox every month.
Get More Solutions for Healthcare, Dental & Veterinary Professionals
Start Your Cash Flow Conversation
Give us a call at 1-855-762-2365 or fill out our simple form and a PNC Business Banking representative will get in touch with you.
Request a Contact »
Important Legal Disclosures and Information
The third-party trademarks referenced in these articles are owned by and are the registered trademarks of their respective third-party owners. There is no affiliation, sponsorship or endorsement relationship between PNC or its affiliates and any such third party.
PNC is a registered mark of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (‘‘PNC’’)
Business Insights for Dental Professionals/Business Insights for Healthcare Professionals is prepared for general information purposes by Manifest, LLC and is not intended as legal, tax or accounting advice or as recommendations to engage in any specific transaction, including with respect to any securities of PNC, and do not purport to be comprehensive. Under no circumstances should any information contained in the presentation, the webinar or the materials presented be used or considered as an offer or a commitment, or a solicitation of an offer or a commitment, to participate in any particular transaction or strategy, nor should it be considered legal advice. Any reliance upon any such information is solely and exclusively at your own risk. Please consult your own counsel, accountant or other advisor regarding your specific situation.
Neither PNC Bank nor any other subsidiary of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. will be responsible for any consequences of reliance upon any opinion or statement contained here, or any omission. The opinions expressed in these materials or videos are not necessarily the opinions of PNC Bank or any of its affiliates, directors, officers or employees. Banking and lending products and services, bank deposit products, and Treasury Management products and services for healthcare providers and payers are provided by PNC Bank, National Association, a wholly owned subsidiary of PNC and Member FDIC.
Lending and leasing products and services, including card services and merchant services, as well as certain other banking products and services, may require credit approval.