Important Information for the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP)
PNC Mortgage is participating in the U.S. Treasury’s Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP). This program provides eligible customers an opportunity to refinance even if they didn’t qualify in the past. Also, they may be eligible even if they owe more on their loan than their home is worth.
Get started today to see if you qualify for HARP and join the over 3 million homeowners that have saved an average of $290 per month, that’s $3,500 per year, with a HARP refinance loan1.
• Take advantage of today’s rates even if you owe more than your home is worth
• You could lower your monthly mortgage payments, adjust the length of your loan and do it with little to no closing costs2
• No mortgage insurance is needed if none is in place with your current mortgage
• A property appraisal may not be needed
• This government loan program is only available for a limited time3
• You are current on your mortgage payment, with no late payments in the past six months and no more than one late payment in the past 12 months
• You have not already refinanced the same property in the past with a HARP loan
• Your existing loan closed on or before June 1, 2009 and is owned or guaranteed by either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. To find out if your have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac home loan, simply call the toll free number below or visit their websites by clicking on the links below
1.800.7FANNIE (8 a.m. to 8 p.m ET) www.fanniemae.com/loanlookup
1.800.FREDDIE (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET) www.freddiemac.com/mymortgage
1. Mortgage Refinancing, Consumer Spending, and Competition: Evidence from the Home Affordable Refinancing Program, Housingwire.com, September 23, 2015
2. A no-closing-cost loan generally carries a higher interest rate than a loan where the consumer pays the closing costs
3. The Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) expires on 9/30/2017
Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae have adopted changes to the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) and you may be eligible to take advantage of these changes. If your mortgage is owned or guaranteed by either Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae, you may be eligible to refinance your mortgage under the enhanced and expanded provisions of HARP. You can determine whether your mortgage is owned by either Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae by checking the following websites:
PNC Mortgage is a division of PNC Bank, National Association, a subsidiary of PNC. All loans are provided by PNC Bank, National Association and are subject to credit approval and property appraisal. Terms and conditions of this offer subject to change without notice.
©2016 The PNC Financial Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved. PNC Bank, National Association.