What is the security feature?
In order to make your online banking experience as secure as possible, we've added and extra layer of security each time you sign on. This extra layer is a Personal Security Image and Caption that is customized by you. When you see your personalized Image and Caption during Online Banking sign on, you'll know you are on the authentic PNC Online Banking site and can safely continue to sign on.
How does it work?
This new security feature adds a dual-layer of protection to your online account.
- You'll know you're at the authentic PNC Online Banking site when you see the Personal Security Image and Caption you selected.
- And we'll know it's really you trying to access your account by identifying the computers you normally use to log into your account. If we don't recognize your computer, we'll ask a question only you should know the answer to in order to verify your identity.
Do I need to sign up for this added security feature?
No, when you first register with PNC Online Banking, after entering your User ID, you will be prompted to select your new Personal Security Image and Caption settings.
- Always verify that when signing on to Online Banking, you are at the authentic PNC Bank Online Banking site, and not an impostor site that may look like the PNC site, by using the security.
For more about your security, visit the PNC Security Center. There you can learn:
- - how to detect fraud
- how you can protect yourself
- how PNC protects you
- what you need to do if you become a victim