Investing in greener construction and recycling helps us ensure our future and be more efficient with our resources. It's better for our employees and it's better for the communities in which we do business.
- We have more newly constructed LEED-certified buildings than any other company in the world.
- In 2002, we became the first major U.S. bank to apply green building standards to all newly constructed or renovated retail branch offices.
- Green building locations include:
- PNC Firstside Center, which opened in 2000 as the nation's largest green building and first building certified under LEED 2.0.
- Three PNC Plaza in Pittsburgh (LEED Gold certified).
- PNC Place near the White House in Washington D.C. (LEED Platinum certified).
- The Tower at PNC Plaza, in downtown Pittsburgh, is expected to be the greenest skyscraper in the world upon completion in 2015.
- We offer a Green Lending program to companies pursuing energy and water efficiency projects.
Learn more about our commitment to sustainable building practices.