If all you want are the basics, then Standard Checking may just be the right solution for you.
Key Features and Benefits
- Free transactions at over 7,200 PNC ATMs
- Limited non-PNC ATM fee reimbursement. See if it applies in your area»
- Unlimited check writing
- Earn cash with PNC Purchase Payback® 1
- Free Online Banking and Bill Pay2
No monthly service charge if you meet any ONE of the following requirements:
- Total qualifying direct deposit3 of $500 or greater per statement period
- $500 average monthly balance in checking
- Account owner is age 62 or older
Otherwise, the monthly service charge for Standard Checking is $7.
Earn Bonus Rewards
With a PNC Flex Visa Credit Card
- Get 100 points for every $1 in non-promotional billed interest with $1,500 or more in total PNC checking account balances
- Get 100 points for every $2 in non-promotional billed interest with $500 to $1,499.99 in total PNC checking account balances.
- Summary of Flex Rewards Program
Earn cash back with PNC Purchase Payback and your PNC Bank Visa Debit Card1
Simply visit your Rewards Center in Online Banking and choose the offers you want; then shop or dine using your PNC Bank Visa Debit Card and follow the instructions on the offer. The cash you earn is then deposited into the account you choose. The more you use your card for purchases, the more offers you'll see.
Learn more about PNC Purchase Payback®.
Direct Deposit - Sign up to have your payroll, pension, Social Security, or any regularly received income deposited directly to your account. Learn More»
Overdraft Protection - Safeguard your checking account by linking it to a Protecting Account - another PNC checking, savings, money market, credit card or line of credit. When there are insufficient funds in your account to pay for an item, funds can automatically transfer from the Protecting Account to cover your payments. Learn More»
PNC Bank Visa Debit Card - The PNC Visa Debit Card is the easiest way to pay, right from your checking account. Safer than cash, faster than writing checks, and every purchase can be tracked online or on your monthly statement. Learn More»
Auto Savings - Make automatic transfers from your PNC checking to your PNC savings or money market account. You choose the amount you want to transfer and how often. Learn More»
Automatic Loan Payment Plan - Take advantage of interest rate discounts on consumer installment loans and consumer lines of credit accounts with automatic payment from a PNC checking account. Interest rate discounts do not apply to PNC Mortgage loans.
Automatic Check Reorder - Automatic Check Reorder is a free service available to PNC personal checking and money market account customers who order their checks through one of PNC's primary check vendors. Learn More»
Online Banking - Simplify the way you manage your finances with PNC Online Banking. Check your balances & recent transactions, pay your bills, move money between your accounts, & even send money to your friends and family whenever you like. Learn More»
- Offers are available from participating merchants. Your personal banking information is not shared with the merchants participating in PNC Purchase Payback. Whether you received offers may depend on using your PNC Visa Card, or where you use your PNC Visa card to make purchases. Not everyone will get the same offer.
- There may be fees for certain optional services available through PNC Online Banking
- A qualifying direct deposit is a recurring electronic deposit made by an employer or an outside agency. Transfers made from one account to another or deposits made via a branch, ATM, online transfer, mobile device or the mail are not eligible to meet this requirement.
PNC Purchase Payback is a registered mark of The PNC Financial Services Group.
Bank deposit products and services provided by PNC Bank, National Association. Member FDIC