Tips to Safely Conduct Personal Business
|Reporting Suspected Fraud or Identity Theft:|
|Call us at 1-888-PNC-BANK|
|Visit one of our branches.|
|Complete the secure contact form.|
Consider the following pointers when conducting your personal business or making a purchase:
- Choose to do business with companies you know are reputable, particularly when shopping online.
- When you fill out a loan or credit application, be sure that the business either shreds these applications or stores them in locked files.
- Ask businesses what their privacy policies are and how they will use your information.
- Keep a list of all your credit cards and bank accounts along with their account numbers, expiration dates and credit limits, as well as their respective fraud department phone numbers in a safe place.
- If your state uses your Social Security Number as your driver's license number, ask to substitute another number.
- Only provide your Social Security number when necessary - on tax forms and employment records, or for some banking, stock and property transactions, such as account opening. If you are banking on line, make sure you are in a secured area (indicated by https:// in the front of the web address) before entering any personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to your User ID and Password.
- Don't have your Social Security number printed on checks. Use an alternate number if needed.