- Supplier Diversity and Development
The PNC Financial Services Group
116 Allegheny Center
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
The process to become a certified MWDBE firm encompasses a series of steps performed by a third-party organization to validate the MWDBE classification of a supplier. Certification does not address supplier evaluations or due diligence activities (credit analysis/capacity monitoring/background screening) associated with supplier selection. Certification encompasses documentation reviews and site visits to examine:
- 51% ownership by a woman or minority individual
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. resident alien status
- Management of the business
- Control of business operations and decisions
All MWDBE's firms utilized by PNC as prime suppliers or as the subcontractor of a prime supplier must be certified. Diverse suppliers must provide proof of certification status from an established certifying entity. We accept certification from the following entities:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) www.nmsdc.org or its affiliates for MBEs
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) www.wbenc.org
- National Women's Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC) www.nwboc.org or its affiliates for WBEs.
Certifications by other local, state, regional or federal purchasing agencies may also be accepted.
Note: PNC does not provide certification services but we will be happy to provide you with referral sources and contact information on how to initiate the process.