Our Customers are Number One
PNC is a strong and robust organization because of our customer relationships. Our products, services and strategies revolve around creating successful financial relationships with customers.
As an intentionally inclusive workplace, we identify and navigate new marketplace opportunities to remain ahead of the curve in meeting the needs of niche markets. We accomplish this through multicultural marketing initiatives to improve the customer experience among our diverse customer base. Our multicultural marketing team:
- Develops customer-focused marketing campaigns for the African-American, Hispanic, Polish, Chinese, Korean, Asian Indian and LGBTQ communities. All campaigns are culturally relevant and in-language, where appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Diversity and Inclusion team to bring History and Heritage Month celebrations to life through the use of mass media, which increases awareness of the PNC brand within our diverse communities.
Our other multicultural marketing efforts include:
- Bilingual employees at our branches who meet the needs of our diverse segment customers. Many of these same branches also display customized bilingual signage and digital content in Spanish and Polish.
- More than 9,000 ATMs featuring 10 or more languages, including Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Vietnamese. The ATMs are also equipped with Spanish and English audio capabilities for the visually impaired.
- Various resources for Hispanic consumers in Spanish, including a designated Customer Care Center line, 1-866-HOLA-PNC, educational materials and webpages in Spanish, including pnc.com/espanol, pnc.com/siempreabierto and pncvirtualwallet.com/es.
- Customized webpages developed for Polish, Chinese, Korean, Asian Indian and LGBTQ customers.
- Interpretation services offered in more than 240 languages in our branches and over the phone.
- Various tools and assistance for customers with visual, hearing and physical disabilities, including Braille, diskettes and large print; TRS and TDD services; and accessible branches with accessible parking, entryways with ramps, easy-to-open doorways and accessible restrooms.
Languages Featured on our ATMs
Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Vietnamese
Languages Offered via Interpretation Services
In our branches and over the phone. For the hearing impaired, customer service is available through TDD and relay calls
Honored by the following for our commitment to creating a culture of respect and inclusion:
- World's Most Admired Companies, FORTUNE magazine (2018)
- 100 Most Sustainable Companies, Barron’s (2018)
- Most Admired for HR, Human Resource Executive magazine (2018)
- J.D. Power 2017 National Bank Satisfaction StudySM (First-Place Ranking)
- Forbes Global 2000, Forbes magazine (2017)
Employer of Choice
- Great Workplace Award for Employee Engagement, Gallup (2017)
- 50 Happiest Companies in America, CareerBliss (2017)
Diversity & Inclusion
- A. Leon Higginbotham Corporate Leadership Award, The Lawyers’ Committee For Civil Rights Under Law (2018)
- 50 Best Companies for Diversity for 2018, BLACK ENTERPRISE (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Women, WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD® (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Multicultural Women, WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD® (2018)
- Top Financial Companies, Professional Woman’s magazine (2018)
- Top 1000 Company Worldwide for Millennial Women, Mogul (2018)
- 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads, Fatherly (2018)
- Financial Services Gender-Equality Index (BFGEI), Bloomberg (2018)
- Top 50 Employers, CAREERS & the disABLED magazine (2018)
- Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality, Human Rights Campaign (2018)
- 2018 Best-of-the-Best Corporation for Inclusion, National LGBT Chamber of Commerce/National Business Inclusion Consortium (2018)
- Top LGBT Friendly, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Employer, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Supplier Diversity Programs, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Financial/Banking Companies, Hispanic Network magazine (2018)
- Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work, Diversity MBA Magazine's 50 Out Front Companies for Diversity Leadership (2017)
- Top 50 Companies for Executive Women, National Association for Female Executives (2017)
- Top Diversity Employer, Professional Woman's Magazine (2017)
- The Most Powerful Women in Banking, American Banker (2017)
- Best of the Best for Top Disability-Friendly Companies, DIVERSEability magazine (2017)
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers, Working Mother magazine (2017)
- Top Corporation for Disability-Owned Businesses, US Business Leadership Network (2017)
- Diversity Leader Award, Diversity Journal (2017)
Military & Veteran Support
- Best of the Best Top Veteran-Friendly Companies, U.S. Veterans Magazine (2018)
- 2017 Best Corporations for Veterans Business Enterprises, National Veteran Owned Business Association (2017)
- Sponsor of the Year, Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs, Inc. (2017)
- Employee Business Resource Group Exemplar Award, Vibrant Pittsburgh (2017)
- Spotlight Impact Award, PRISM (2017)
- Outstanding Community Reinvestment Act Rating
- Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Award, Financial Services Roundtable (2017)
- Corporate Citizenship Award, Pittsburgh Business Times (2017)
- Leader in Climate Disclosure, Carbon Disclosure Project (2017)
Important Legal Disclosures & Information
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is the policy of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. ("PNC") to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, ancestry, marital status, genetic information, family medical history, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. Protected veterans include disabled veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, recently separated veterans and Armed Forces service medal veterans. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation, and benefits conform to this basic policy in order to further the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.
PNC's Equal Employment Policy is consistent with the requirements and objectives set forth in Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA), all as amended.
Affirmative Action Plans and processes have been developed and implemented throughout PNC to ensure that good faith efforts are made to provide equal employment opportunity to every employee and qualified potential employee and to formalize and reaffirm PNC's commitment to equal opportunity employment.
PNC's objectives are to establish realistic goals and implement programs to actively recruit, promote, and provide career opportunities for qualified minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. PNC has developed internal audit procedures to monitor the development, implementation, and progress of our objectives. Our overall goal is to recruit, hire, and maintain a culturally diverse workforce that can work to its fullest potential and provide PNC with a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
PNC's employees and applicants will not be subject to intimidation and/or harassment because they have engaged in or may engage in any of the following activities: filing a complaint; assisting or participating in an investigation; opposing any act or practice made unlawful by the provisions of Executive Order 11246, VEVRAA or Section 503; or exercising any other right protected by these laws.
Summaries of PNC's Affirmative Action Plan(s) are available for review. To schedule an appointment, please contact Diversity & Inclusion at 412-762-0381, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.