Get Started with PNC Supplier Diversity
Participation is open to all small and/or diverse businesses that meet the requirements.
Step 1: Verify Your Eligibility
If your business is based in the United States of America and is at least 51 percent owned, operated, and controlled by individuals in the following categories, your company is eligible to participate in PNC’s Supplier Diversity Program.
- Racial/ethnic minorities (African Americans, Asian-Indian Americans, Asian-Pacific Americans, Alaska Natives, Hispanics, and Native Americans)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT)
- Veterans and service disabled veterans
- People with disabilities
- Small Business per the SBA Guidelines
Although not required, we strongly encourage diverse suppliers to obtain a diversity certification. If you have any specific question about diversity certification, please submit our Supplier Contact Form for clarification and direction.
Here are a few certifying organizations and resources for diverse suppliers. More information is available on their websites about their certification process and requirements.
The certification process typically involves completing an application, providing written documentation, and the certifying organization may conduct a site visit to your business location.
Step 2: Register with PNC Supplier Diversity Program
- Go to the PNC Supplier Diversity Portal.
- Select Click here to register your company.
- Enter all required information and click the Register button to complete your business profile submission.
- Once initially registered, you will be prompted to answer additional questions. When all fields are completed, please click the Submit button.
- Once submitted, you will receive an email confirmation that your registration is complete.
- Your company profile and contact information will be retained within the database and reviewed as sourcing opportunities arise
- The Supplier Diversity team leverages the portal as a search engine and one of our team members will reach out to you when there is an opportunity that is relevant to your company’s capabilities.
Step 3: Update Your Company's Profile
Keep your company’s profile and contact information up to date in the Supplier Diversity Portal. We ask that you update your profile at a minimum, on an annual basis. That way, our team will be able to contact you when we find an opportunity that fits. The primary contact listed in the profile will receive a reminder as the expiration date for certification approaches. Any supplier with outdated or expired certification may be excluded from procurement opportunities.
Tips for profile completion
- Profile creation – The profile should clearly explain the company’s core capabilities and be updated on an annual basis at a minimum
- Do your homework – Understand where you may fit in to the organization and be sure to effectively communicate your company’s value-add
- Be concise – Highlight the company’s areas of expertise and experience which will help supplier diversity professionals connect you to the appropriate opportunities and internal stakeholders
- Manage expectations – Be open to indirect opportunities and understand that your product or service offering may not be a fit for every organization
It is important to note that registering with PNC's Supplier Diversity Program does not:
- Guarantee you a PNC contract
- Certify or designate any company as preferred or approved supplier
- Obligate PNC to solicit a sourcing opportunity
- Indicate that registered supplier will be considered or selected to participate in procurement opportunities