Corporate Social Responsibility
"We believe the measure of our success isn’t just found in our financial statements; it’s also in the value we create for all of the constituencies we serve."
- Bill Demchak, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer
We're Doing Right
We are committed to our employees, customers, communities and environment because it’s right. It’s right for our company, our people and our world. And our commitment to that belief has never been stronger.
In 2015, we conducted our first materiality analysis, which has informed our Corporate Social Responsibility reporting. This analysis showed that financial performance, customer relations, data privacy and protection, community engagement, innovation and ethical conduct are the highest priority issues to PNC and our various stakeholders.
To be successful in these key areas, we continue to invest in our employees, customers and communities, remain aware of our impact on the environment, and adhere to strong governance and risk management practices.
Investing in Employees
Employees are our greatest asset and help differentiate us in the marketplace.
Dedicated to Our Communities
Our business model is built around strengthening the communities we serve.
Committed to the Environment
Environmentally friendly business practices define our operations as a company.
Our customers inspire us to reach higher.
Focused on Strong Governance
Everyone at PNC is responsible for upholding our core values across all of our business practices.
We're strategic about the risks we take in order to protect our customers and other stakeholders.
2017 CSR Scorecard
The 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility scorecard highlights progress we have made from 2016 to 2017 and our goals for 2018 and beyond.
Corporate Awards & Recognition
- World's Most Admired Companies, FORTUNE magazine (2018)
- 100 Most Sustainable Companies, Barron’s (2018)
- Most Admired for HR, Human Resource Executive magazine (2018)
- Forbes Global 2000, Forbes magazine (2017)
Employer of Choice
- Great Workplace Award for Employee Engagement, Gallup (2017)
- 50 Happiest Companies in America, CareerBliss (2017)
Diversity & Inclusion
- A. Leon Higginbotham Corporate Leadership Award, The Lawyers’ Committee For Civil Rights Under Law (2018)
- 50 Best Companies for Diversity for 2018, BLACK ENTERPRISE (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Women, WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD® (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Multicultural Women, WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD® (2018)
- Top Financial Companies, Professional Woman’s magazine (2018)
- Top 1000 Company Worldwide for Millennial Women, Mogul (2018)
- 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads, Fatherly (2018)
- Financial Services Gender-Equality Index (BFGEI), Bloomberg (2018)
- Top 50 Employers, CAREERS & the disABLED magazine (2018)
- Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality, Human Rights Campaign (2018)
- 2018 Best-of-the-Best Corporation for Inclusion, National LGBT Chamber of Commerce/National Business Inclusion Consortium (2018)
- Top LGBT Friendly, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Employer, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Supplier Diversity Programs, Black EOE Journal (BEOEJ) (2018)
- Top Financial/Banking Companies, Hispanic Network magazine (2018)
- Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work, Diversity MBA Magazine's 50 Out Front Companies for Diversity Leadership (2017)
- Top 50 Companies for Executive Women, National Association for Female Executives (2017)
- Top Diversity Employer, Professional Woman's Magazine (2017)
- The Most Powerful Women in Banking, American Banker (2017)
- Best of the Best for Top Disability-Friendly Companies, DIVERSEability magazine (2017)
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers, Working Mother magazine (2017)
- Top Corporation for Disability-Owned Businesses, US Business Leadership Network (2017)
- Diversity Leader Award, Diversity Journal (2017)
- PNC scored 100% on the 2018 Disability Equality Index® (DEI® ) Best Places to Work™
Military & Veteran Support
- Best of the Best Top Veteran-Friendly Companies, U.S. Veterans Magazine (2018)
- 2017 Best Corporations for Veterans Business Enterprises, National Veteran Owned Business Association (2017)
- Sponsor of the Year, Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs, Inc. (2017)
- Employee Business Resource Group Exemplar Award, Vibrant Pittsburgh (2017)
- Spotlight Impact Award, PRISM (2017)
- Outstanding Community Reinvestment Act Rating
- Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Award, Financial Services Roundtable (2017)
- Corporate Citizenship Award, Pittsburgh Business Times (2017)
- Leader in Climate Disclosure, Carbon Disclosure Project (2017)
Important Legal Disclosures and Information
This Corporate Social Responsibility section should be read in conjunction with PNC’s 2017 Annual Report and 2018 Proxy Statement, both of which contain additional information about our company. This report uses certain terms, including those that the GRI sustainability reporting guidelines refer to as “Material Aspects,” to reflect the issues of greatest importance to PNC and our stakeholders. Used in this context, these terms should not be confused with the terms, “material” or “materiality,” as defined by or construed in accordance with securities law, or as used in the context of financial statements and financial reporting. Furthermore, any forward-looking statements contained in this report should not be unduly relied upon, as actual results could differ materially from expectations. For more information about such statements, please refer to the “Forward-Looking Statements” and “Risk Factors” sections of our Form 10-K in PNC’s Annual Report for the year ended December 31, 2017, which can be found within Investor Relations.
This material does not constitute an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where or to whom it would be unauthorized or unlawful to do so.
Bank deposit products and services provided by PNC Bank, National Association. Member FDIC.
Important Investor Information
Brokerage and insurance products are:
Not FDIC Insured • Not Bank Guaranteed • Not A Deposit
Not Insured By Any Federal Government Agency • May Lose Value
©2018 The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved.