Corporate Social Responsibility
"We believe the measure of our success isn’t just found in our financial statements; it’s also in the value we create for all of the constituencies we serve."
- Bill Demchak, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer
We're Doing Right
We are committed to our employees, customers, communities and environment because it’s right. It’s right for our company, our people and our world. And our commitment to that belief has never been stronger.
In 2015, we conducted our first materiality analysis, which has informed our Corporate Social Responsibility reporting. This analysis showed that financial performance, customer relations, data privacy and protection, community engagement, innovation and ethical conduct are the highest priority issues to PNC and our various stakeholders.
To be successful in these key areas, we continue to invest in our employees, customers and communities, remain aware of our impact on the environment, and adhere to strong governance and risk management practices.
Investing in Employees
Employees are our greatest asset and help differentiate us in the marketplace.
Dedicated to Our Communities
Our business model is built around strengthening the communities we serve.
Committed to the Environment
Environmentally friendly business practices define our operations as a company.
Our customers inspire us to reach higher.
Focused on Strong Governance
Everyone at PNC is responsible for upholding our core values across all of our business practices.
We're strategic about the risks we take in order to protect our customers and other stakeholders.
2017 CSR Scorecard
The 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility scorecard highlights progress we have made from 2016 to 2017 and our goals for 2018 and beyond.
Corporate Awards & Recognition
Employer of Choice
- 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™, Achievers (2018)
- Most Admired for HR, Human Resource Executive magazine (2018)
- 50 Happiest Companies in America, CareerBliss (2018)
Diversity & Inclusion
- Gender-Equality Index (BFGEI), Bloomberg (2019)
- A. Leon Higginbotham Corporate Leadership Award, National Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights (2018)
- Top 50 Employers, CAREERS & the disABLED magazine (2019)
- Employer of the Year, Disability:IN (2019)
- Top 70 Companies for Executive Women, National Association for Female Executives (2019)
- 100% Score on the 2018 Disability Equality Index ® (DEI®) Best Places to Work™
- The Most Powerful Women in Banking and Finance, American Banker (2018)
- 50 Best Companies for Diversity, Black Enterprise magazine (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Women, Women's Choice Award® (2018)
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign (2018)
- Top Financial Companies, Professional Woman’s magazine (2018)
- America’s 2018 “Best-of-the-Best” Corporations for Inclusion, National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) and National Business Inclusion Consortium (NBIC) (2018)
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers, Working Mother magazine (2018)
- Best Companies for Dads, Working Mother magazine (2018)
- 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads, Fatherly (2018)
- Top Supplier Diversity Programs, Black EOE Journal (2018)
- Top Employer, Black EOE Journal (2018)
- Top LGBT Friendly, Black EOE Journal (2018)
- Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work, DiversityMBA Magazine’s 50 Out Front Companies for Diversity Leadership (2018)
- Best of the Best for Top Disability-Friendly Companies, DIVERSEability magazine (2018)
- Top Financial/Banking Companies, Hispanic Network magazine (2018)
- Top 1000 Company Worldwide for Millennial Women, Mogul (2018)
- Best Companies to Work for Multicultural Women, Women's Choice Award® (2018)
Military & Veteran Support
- Best of the Best Top Veteran-Friendly Companies, U.S. Veterans Magazine (2018)
- Top Veteran Friendly Supplier Diversity Programs, U.S. Veterans magazine (2018)
- Outstanding Community Reinvestment Act Rating
- Silver Halo Award, Engage for Good (2018)
- Laurie D. Zelon Pro Bono Award, Pro Bono Institute (2018)
- Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Award, Financial Services Roundtable (2017)
- Corporate Citizenship Award, Pittsburgh Business Times (2017)
- 100 Most Sustainable Companies, Barron’s (2018)
- Leader in Climate Disclosure, Carbon Disclosure Project (2017)
Important Legal Disclosures and Information
This Corporate Social Responsibility section should be read in conjunction with PNC’s 2017 Annual Report and 2018 Proxy Statement, both of which contain additional information about our company. This report uses certain terms, including those that the GRI sustainability reporting guidelines refer to as “Material Aspects,” to reflect the issues of greatest importance to PNC and our stakeholders. Used in this context, these terms should not be confused with the terms, “material” or “materiality,” as defined by or construed in accordance with securities law, or as used in the context of financial statements and financial reporting. Furthermore, any forward-looking statements contained in this report should not be unduly relied upon, as actual results could differ materially from expectations. For more information about such statements, please refer to the “Forward-Looking Statements” and “Risk Factors” sections of our Form 10-K in PNC’s Annual Report for the year ended December 31, 2017, which can be found within Investor Relations.
This material does not constitute an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where or to whom it would be unauthorized or unlawful to do so.
Bank deposit products and services provided by PNC Bank, National Association. Member FDIC.
Important Investor Information
Brokerage and insurance products are:
Not FDIC Insured • Not Bank Guaranteed • Not A Deposit
Not Insured By Any Federal Government Agency • May Lose Value
©2018 The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved.