In today's unpredictable market, hedging strategies are more important than ever. PNC offers a full suite of Capital Markets products and solutions to help you manage your risk. Is your company's interest rate risk consistent with your risk appetite and tolerance? Identifying and managing interest rate exposure is essential in managing your assets and liabilities. Does your company have international sales or purchases or are you contemplating future international activity? PNC's foreign exchange hedging tools can do more than manage risk. They can help you secure pricing and costs to help you manage your bottom line. Are your company’s earnings susceptible to changes in energy prices? PNC's commodity hedging desk can work with you to structure solutions that will help your company mitigate the risk of the volatile energy markets.
Interest Rate Hedging
Through the use of interest rate swaps, swaptions, caps, floors, collars and other derivative products, PNC's Derivative Products Group can provide the options you need to help you mitigate your interest rate risk.
Our team of senior derivative specialists will work with you to assess your hedging needs and objectives. We will develop an appropriate hedging strategy to manage interest rate risk and lower funding costs.
Common hedging strategies include:
- Locking in a fixed rate to hedge a floating rate loan with an interest rate swap.
- Capping the interest rate on a floating rate loan with an interest rate cap.
- Hedging the interest rate on an anticipated debt issuance with a treasury lock or a forward starting swap.
Foreign exchange hedging tools can help you to manage foreign exchange risk more effectively, secure pricing and costs, and potentially increase profits and reduce expenses.
PNC's dedicated team of senior foreign exchange consultants can help you identify exposures and determine the appropriate risk management tools to effectively hedge global risk, enabling you to benefit from favorable market conditions.
Customized solutions include:
- Spot and Forward Contracts in all major and most emerging market currencies
- Mitigate risk while preserving upside potential with Range Forward Contracts and Participating Forward Contracts,as well as “Vanilla” options and Forward Extras
- Full range of option structures including non-deliverable forwards and cross-currency interest rate swaps
- Netting of intra company payables across multiple currencies
Commodity hedging tools can help you manage oil and natural gas price risk. For commodity producers, hedging can help achieve greater revenue certainty and for commodity consumers, hedging can potentially reduce input costs.
PNC capabilities include:
- Brent Crude Oil
- WTI Crude Oil
- NYMEX Natural Gas
Common hedging strategies include:
- Locking in a fixed price swap for future energy purchases or sales
- Using put or call options to limit market exposure while maintaining upside potential
Derivative Products Group
To learn more about solutions to manage your interest rate and energy price risk, contact PNC's Derivative Products Group.
Foreign Exchange Sales and Trading Group
PNC's Foreign Exchange Sales and Trading Group offers a consultative approach to currency risk management, starting with a comprehensive review of all international exposures. Contact us at the office nearest you.
To learn more about solutions to manage your commodity price risk, contact PNC's Commodity Hedging Desk at 1-844-281-4499.
Important Legal Disclosures and Information
- The information contained herein (“Information”) was produced by an employee of PNC Bank, National Association’s (“PNC Bank”) foreign exchange and derivative products group. Such Information is not a “research report” nor is it intended to constitute a “research report” (as defined by applicable regulations). The Information is of general market, economic, and political conditions or statistical summaries of financial data and is not an analysis of the price or market for any product or transaction. This Information is for general information purposes only and is not intended as legal, tax, accounting, or financial advice, or recommendations to sell currencies or securities or to engage in any specific transactions and does not purport to be comprehensive. Under no circumstances should any Information be used or considered as an offer or solicitation of an offer to participate in any particular transaction or strategy. PNC is a registered service mark of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (“PNC”). Foreign exchange and derivative products are obligations of PNC Bank, Member FDIC and a wholly owned subsidiary of PNC. Foreign exchange and derivative products are not bank deposits and are not FDIC insured, nor are they insured or guaranteed by PNC Bank or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.