PNC Communities Guidelines
PNC Communities are here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can learn, discuss ideas, and converse about any aspects of PNC products and services with fellow members. Communities are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in an appropriate manner when participating in PNC Communities.
While we spell some things out below, these guidelines boil down to two simple tenets - use good manners and common sense. Specifically:
- Keep it clean - Refrain from using obscenities, pornography, illegal or otherwise harmful or offensive content in posts, images, subject lines or usernames. It doesn’t add to the conversation.
- Respect diversity - We value all members and therefore remind members to be respectful of others and refrain from promoting hatred based on race, gender, religious beliefs, ethnic background or sexual preference, through words or images, either implicitly or explicitly.
- Please don’t solicit or advertise - This site is to freely exchange ideas and enhance the financial IQ of members. Solicitations and personal promotion add clutter and devalue the conversation.
- No spamming - Posting the same note more than once does not add value. And, please don’t repost something that was deleted from the community. Do not use personal information that may be made available by users to send commercial emails. We simply will not allow spam.
- Keep it legal - Do not use the community to promote or participate in illegal activity, including embedding viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted files, malicious code, active code or any materials in posts that could harm another user’s computer. You agree to use PNC Communities solely for lawful purposes and in compliance with all applicable laws.
- Respect intellectual property rights - Post only content that you have created. Posting others’ materials, including third party trademarks, may be infringement. Passing materials off as yours is, quite frankly, stealing.
- Be reasonable - The community is not your personal soapbox. Please don’t use it as a forum to vent your frustrations, rant or bore members. If you have an issue with PNC or a PNC product or service, please do let us know and give us a chance to make it right. We will certainly respond to your post, but feel free to contact us directly at 800-762-5684.
- No cyber-stalking - Behavior deemed to be stalking or threatening to another member may be reported to the authorities.
- Protect your identity - To ensure the security of your personal and financial information, and that of all of our members, do not post personal information that you do not want publicly available and do not post or share any information that can be used to illegally obtain access to your financial information - such as your Social Security Number, online banking password or user id or debit or credit card number.
Some other things to keep in mind:
We reserve the right to remove any postings we believe violate these guidelines and to temporarily or permanently ban any Members who violate these guidelines.
As a Member you participate at your own risk on message boards, in chat, and in email. All content may be monitored. You are responsible for any and all postings under your username.
Use the information provided on this site at your own risk. To ensure the authenticity of the comments and protect the opinions of members, we cannot take responsibility for the content or opinions posted on message boards, chat and in e-mail.
For more information, we invite you to view the full Terms and Conditions that govern access and use of PNC online properties.