Rate may increase after settlement.
Are You Ready To Get Pre-approved?
Reach Your Down Payment Goals With Confidence
How Do I Save for a Larger Down Payment?
For many people, saving for a down payment is one of the many barriers to buying a home. Some loans require a down payment of 5% to 20% of the price of the home—which can be a big chunk of change.
See How Much You Can Afford
What if I Don’t Have a Large Down Payment?
Take a good look at your budget and find expenses to cut out or cut back or talk with a financial advisor to discuss alternate down payment options. You can also consider a lower down payment option with a Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac or government backed VA and FHA loan.
I’m Serious About House Hunting. Now What?
Getting Pre-approved by a Mortgage Lender Is a Smart Move
A pre-approval helps you:
- Feel confident in a firm lending commitment.
- Show sellers and agents you’re serious.
- Narrow down your home search to your price range.
- Budget knowing what your monthly payments will be.
Getting a Pre-approval From PNC Is Now Easier
Home Insight© Planner
Find a Home in Your Budget
Use Home Insight Planner to find a home that fits your budget and needs:
- See what you can afford with home affordability scenarios based on your actual budget information.
- Get a clear view of your spending habits and adjust your expenses so you can find a home payment that works for you.
- Search for homes within your budget and save the ones you like as part of your customized home affordability summary.
- See real-time mortgage rates and learn which mortgage products can make homeownership a reality.
Comparing loan options? Just looking for how much you can borrow? Use our home lending calculators to understand your options.
When you’re buying or selling a home, budgeting for closing costs is critical.
5 min read
One of the biggest questions we see from homebuyers is how much do I need for a down payment to buy a house?
4 min read
It may surprise you, but timing plays an important role in the loan approval process. Learn why you may want to time your application so a lender can see you’re already a customer.
2 min read
Final loan approval and amount are subject to verification of loan data, property appraisal and underwriting conditions.
Digital preapproval requires the assistance of a Mortgage Loan Officer. After the first part of the application process is complete, a PNC Mortgage Loan Officer will reach out to finish the remainder of the preapproval.
PNC, PNC HomeHQ, PNC Home Insight, and Home Insight are registered service marks of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. ("PNC"). PNC has pending patent applications directed at various features and functions of Home Insight Planner and Home Insight Tracker. All loans are provided by PNC Bank, National Association, a subsidiary of PNC, and are subject to credit approval and property appraisal.
©2023 The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
PNC Bank, National Association. Member FDIC