DO NOT check this box if you are using a public computer. User IDs potentially containing sensitive information will not be saved.
Sign on to Online Banking
Sign on to another service:
PIN Debit As a Payment Option
Consumers are increasingly turning to debit cards as a payment alternative. Many like the added security of entering their secret PIN (Personal Identification Number).
Offering PIN debit as a payment option also provides benefits to merchants. In fact, adding a PIN pad to your point-of-sale (POS) system may result in lower transaction costs for processing debit/check cards. The reason is reduced risk. Unlike with signature debit cards, cardholders are able to prove their identity in real time by entering their PIN on the pad. With less risk, processors are often willing to offer better rates.
Of course, "doing the math" can get complicated, and the potential for savings is based in large part on the number and average sales-per-ticket of your business. PNC Merchant Services® can help you determine if a PIN pad makes sense. Learn more about how a PIN pad can help expand your options for payment acceptance.
A PIN Pad provides a number of key benefits for your business:
- Speed and flexibility -- A PIN pad is an ideal payment solution for merchants who handle a high-volume of small-ticket transactions.
- Greater customer satisfaction -- A PIN pad offers customers a fast and secure way to make purchases using their preferred card payment method. Using a PIN pad that is enabled to accept chip-and-PIN cards, customers can initiate and process their own transactions without relinquishing control of their cards.
- Advanced payment capabilities -- Many PIN pads are enabled to accept advanced payment devices, including chip-and-PIN cards, "smart cards" and contactless cards. As today's consumers increasingly embrace emerging technologies such as mobile and contactless payment, merchants who offer these alternative payment types are well positioned to drive consumer loyalty and win repeat business.
- More business -- Increase store traffic through reduced checkout times, and win repeat business by offering fast, convenient and secure self-payment methods.
- Quick-service restaurants
- Convenience stores
- Grocery stores
GET IN TOUCH
Banking on the Go
We have tools to help you bank when and where you want.Mobile Apps Directory »
Be part of our inclusive culture that strives for excellence and rewards talent.Visit PNC Careers »
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved.