Popmoney® Will Be Discontinued
We’re Here To Help You Transition From Popmoney.
On June 24, 2023, Popmoney will be discontinued nationwide by its service provider; therefore, PNC Bank will no longer be able to offer this person-to-person payment service to customers.
- All existing scheduled payments created with a Send Date of June 24, 2023, or earlier, will be processed.
- Recurring or future-dated payments will not be processed after June 24, 2023
- Although Popmoney will be viewable in Online Banking on Saturday June 24, 2023, DO NOT schedule new Popmoney payments that day.
- You will no longer see Popmoney within Online Banking after 10 p.m. ET on June 24, 2023.
- Your Popmoney payment activity can be reviewed on your account statement and within transaction history in PNC Online and Mobile Banking.
How To Prepare
Sign on to Online Banking, navigate to Transfer Funds and select Popmoney. Then, please take the following actions:
- Do not schedule new Popmoney payments on June 24, 2023.
- Review your Popmoney payments scheduled to occur after June 24, 2023. These won’t be processed. You can review your scheduled Popmoney payments under the Activity tab.
- Make alternate arrangements for all future-dated and recurring Popmoney payments because they will not be processed.
- Take note of all your Popmoney recipients. You can review your Popmoney recipients under the Contacts tab. Consider adding these recipients to your phone contacts so they’re available for other person-to-person payment services you may use in the future.
- We recommend canceling recurring or future-dated payments scheduled to occur after June 24, 2023. This can be done by selecting each transaction under the Scheduled Payment heading under the Activity tab.
Consider Alternate PNC Payment Options
Send money with Zelle®: Quickly send and receive money with people you know and trust
Send and request payments that typically occur in minutes. To begin, download the PNC Mobile app. Once downloaded, sign in and enroll with Zelle® .
Must have eligible Checking account. Zelle® does not currently offer the ability to scheduled future-dated and recurring transactions.
Make Future-Dated and Recurring Payments with Online Bill Pay
You can send and schedule future-dated and recurring payments to individuals as a check at no cost. You’ll need to allow five business days for this payment type to be delivered.
Consider Self Service Wire Transfers
You can make these using the PNC Mobile app or PNC Online Banking. Fees may apply. Wire Transfer does not currently offer the ability to scheduled future-dated and recurring transactions. Domestic wires typically received within two business days.
Review the Differences Between Alternate PNC Payment Options
|Feature/Functionality||Popmoney||Zelle®||Bill Pay||Wire Transfer|
|Payment Delivery Speed||3-4 Business Days||Instant (Typlically in minutes for enrolled users) & Standard (2-3 Business Days)||5 Business Days||2-3 Business Days|
|Available in the PNC Mobile app||Zelle Feature Available||Bill Pay Feature Available||Wire Transfer Feature Available|
|Available in PNC Online Banking (Desktop/Laptop)||PopMoney Feature Available||Bill Pay Feature Available||Wire Transfer Feature Available|
|Available for PNC Business Banking Customers||Zelle Feature Available||Bill Pay Feature Available|
|Pay from Checking Account||PopMoney Feature Available||Zelle Feature Available||Bill Pay Feature Available||Wire Transfer Feature Available|
|Pay from Savings or Money Market Account||PopMoney Feature Available||Bill Pay Feature Available||Wire Transfer Feature Available|
|One-Time Future Dated Payments, Recurring Weekly/Monthly Payments
||PopMoney Feature Available||Bill Pay Feature Available|
|Send Money via U.S. Mobile Number or Email Address||PopMoney Feature Available||Zelle Feature Available|
|Send Money Using Recipient’s Bank Account Number||PopMoney Feature Available||Wire Transfer Feature Available|
|Use Contacts List on Apple® or Android™ Mobile Device||Zelle Feature Available|
We're ready to answer any questions you have about PopMoney and other methods of payment.
To send or receive money with a small business, both parties must be enrolled with Zelle® directly through their financial institution’s online or mobile banking experience.
A supported mobile device is needed to use Mobile Banking. Standard message and data rates may apply.
PNC Bank fees may apply. See your applicable fee schedule for details.
Apple, and iPod, and iPad and are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Popmoney and the Popmoney Logo are registered marks of CashEdge, Inc. Now part of Fiserv.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
Read a summary of privacy rights for California residents which outlines the types of information we collect, and how and why we use that information.