Security features from PNC Merchant Services include solutions that offer data encryption, tokenization and software monitoring for virus protection that may be available for a fee. PNC Merchant Services is not liable for any breach that occurs, and it is the customer’s obligation to comply with all data security requirements related to the use of the offered security features. PNC Merchant Services makes no representations, warranties or guarantees regarding your use of the security features.
Helping with Card Data Protection When a Card Is Swiped
We provide solutions designed to help protect data security, at a cost that works with your bottom line. Clover Security is designed to help protect card data at the point of sale with our latest encryption and tokenization technology to deliver a simple and affordable end-to-end solution.
Choose the Protection You Need
TransArmor Data Protection
A basic level of protection, providing encryption and tokenization when a card is swiped. Each account number is converted to a unique identifier that helps to prevent anyone from matching it back to your customer.
- Combined public/private encryption and tokenization to help protect data at every processing stage
- Use of token number to replace sensitive card holder data
- Can reduce the risk of transmitting and storing vulnerable card data
Clover Security Plus
Our highest level of security, providing a solution that delivers software monitoring for virus protection, data encryption and tokenization technology from TransArmor® Data Protection, liability waivers, a dedicated Clover® Security specialist and more.
- TransArmor Data Protection: Encryption technology designed to conceal data, and tokenization technology to help with security when a card is swiped
- PCI Rapid Comply®: Helps make it simple to adhere to the latest security standards through a self-guided online questionnaire
- Liability Waiver: Up to $100,000 per location (up to five locations) in the event of a data breach
- Security Score: Quickly and easily access security data and identify opportunities to reduce your risk
- POS Software Monitor: Downloadable software that helps protect your point-of-sale system, including virus protection
- Exceptional Support: 24/7/365 access to dedicated experts for questions and help with registration
- One Low Monthly Price: Covers all transactions for up to five IP addresses
Upgrade to Clover Security Premium and receive these additional security features:
- Advanced Cybersecurity (ACS) CyberIDLock: Endpoint Keystroke Encryption that protects your sensitive information, such as online banking, bill pay and credit card information, and Dark Web Intel that helps with early detection of credentials found on the dark web.
- PCI Comply Ally: Over-the-phone, white-glove concierge service that guides you through the process of PCI DSS Compliance.
Options to Help You Stay Compliant
Easy PCI DSS Validation with PNC and Sysnet®
Accepting credit and debit cards requires compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). We've partnered with Sysnet® to offer preferred pricing on validation.
- PCI DSS is a set of basic security standards designed to help reduce the risk of fraud and theft of customers' sensitive credit and debit card data.
- To validate your compliance with PCI DSS, you must complete a Self-Assessment Questionnaire (or SAQ). Depending on how you process payments and the type of Internet connection you use, you may also be required to perform quarterly network vulnerability scanning.
- Sysnet is a leading provider of compliance and information security.
- As a PCI Security standards council Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) and a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA), Sysnet is certified to validate your business's compliance with PCI DSS.
PNC Merchant Services is a registered mark of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. Merchant Services are not deposit products. PNC Merchant Services does not offer deposit products and its services are not guaranteed or insured by the FDIC or any other governmental agency. Merchant Services are provided by PNC Merchant Services Company and are subject to application, credit review of the business and its owners, and approval.
The Clover® name and logo are owned by Clover Network, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Fiserv, Inc. and are registered or used in the U.S. and many foreign countries, and may or may not be registered in your country.
All other trademarks, service marks and trade names referenced in this material are the property of their respective owners.
Customers must establish a new PNC Merchant Services account and execute a PNC Merchant Services agreement with an initial term of three years or longer. An early termination fee will not be applied if you close this account prior to the end of the term. If you have leased a point-of-sale device or other equipment, this is a separate agreement and is noncancellable. Please refer to your lease agreement for details. Purchased point-of-sale devices or other equipment is nonreturnable and is subject to availability.
Banking products and services and bank deposit products are provided by PNC Bank, National Association, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. and Member FDIC.