Visit PNC.com/locator to find a PNC or PNC Partner ATM near you where PNC customers can access money fee-free.
Standard Savings Account
It's easy and convenient to jump start your savings.
Features & Benefits
Whatever your savings goal - building your emergency fund, saving for something special, or simply starting good savings habits - a Standard Savings account can help.
What You Get
- No required minimum balance if you are under 18 years old.
- No ATM fees at PNC ATMs.
- Unlimited deposits and up to 6 free withdrawals per month.
- Ability to earn relationship rates.
- Online and mobile access to manage your savings.[4,5]
- Free PNC Banking card.
- Auto Savings to build your account balance with monthly automatic transfers from a PNC checking account.
- FDIC insured to the maximum permitted by law.
- Check Rates
What You Need to Know:
Fees & Requirements
- Minimum deposit to open online: $0
- Minimum to earn interest: $1
- Monthly Service charge of $5, or $0 if one of the following is met:
- Average monthly balance of $300.
- Linked to a select PNC checking account.
- Set up an Auto Savings transfer of $25 or more each statement period from your PNC Checking account to your Savings account.
- You are under 18 years old.
Ready to Get Started?
Open an account online with a minimum opening deposit of $0.
Digital Banking Tools
Achieve your goals and build a more secure future with tools to help you on your journey.
How to Open an Account
Transaction fees will apply to your account if you exceed six (6) Restricted Transfers in a monthly service charge period. Restricted Transfers are transfers from a savings or money market account to other accounts (including transfers to another account for overdraft protection) or to third parties by check, through point-of sale purchase transactions or similar debit card transactions, by pre-authorized or automatic agreements, telephone, online or similar order payable to a third person. If you make more than a total of six (6) Restricted Transfers in a monthly service charge period, you will be charged a fee for each Restricted Transfer. See your account agreement and fee schedule for more information. Other limits may apply to your account. We reserve the right to suspend enforcement of these transaction limitations, or to modify them, at our discretion.
In order to qualify for the Relationship Rate for Standard Savings, you must have a linked Standard Checking, Performance Checking, Virtual Wallet® with Performance Spend, Performance Select Checking or Virtual Wallet with Performance Select and meet any one of the following requirements:
- Make a combination of 5 or more PIN and/or signature point-of-sale transactions (excluding cash advances) posted during the previous calendar month to your Checking account using your Visa® Debit Card or to your linked Visa Credit Card.
- Have $500 in qualifying direct deposits in a linked Standard Checking during the previous calendar month.
- Have $2,000 in qualifying direct deposits ($1,000 for WorkPlace or Military Banking customers) in a linked Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend or a Performance Checking during the previous calendar month.
- Have $5,000 in qualifying direct deposits in a linked Virtual Wallet with Performance Select or a Performance Select Checking during the previous calendar month.
(A qualifying debit card purchase is defined as any debit card purchase made at point of sale using your signature PIN, or a purchase made electronically or online using your debit card number, including recurring payments.)
Starting with the calendar month following when you open your Standard Savings account, and monthly thereafter, whether the account earns the variable Standard or Relationship Rate for the entire calendar month will be determined on the first of the month based upon the number of qualifying transactions or direct deposit requirement from the previous calendar month.
If there are changes to your linked checking account (it is closed, changed to a new account type or no longer linked to your Standard Savings account), you may no longer qualify for a Relationship Rate, or the rates may otherwise change to those in effect at the time of the change.
We will only link accounts at your direction. If you have not directed PNC to link another account to your Standard Savings account, the accounts will not be linked and you will not receive a relationship rate, applicable waivers of monthly service charges, or other relationship benefits on your unlinked PNC accounts. The requirement that you direct us to link accounts in order for you to receive benefits applied to all of your PNC accounts.
Online Banking is free to customers with an eligible account; however there may be a fee for certain optional services. We reserve the right to decline or revoke access to Online Banking or any of its services. All online banking services are subject to and conditional upon adherence to the terms and conditions of the PNC Online Banking Service Agreement.
PNC does not charge a fee for Mobile Banking. However, third party message and data rates may apply. These include fees your wireless carrier may charge you for data usage and text messaging services. Check with your wireless carrier for details regarding your specific wireless plan and any data usage or text messaging charges that may apply. Also, a supported mobile device is needed to use the Mobile Banking App. Mobile Deposit is a feature of PNC Mobile Banking. Use of the Mobile Deposit feature requires a supported camera-equipped device and you must download a PNC mobile banking app. Eligible PNC Bank account and PNC Bank Online Banking required. Certain other restrictions apply. See the mobile banking terms and conditions in the PNC Online Banking Service Agreement.
PNC doesn’t currently charge a fee to send or receive money with Zelle®. However, your enrolled PNC account may incur overdraft fees, monthly service charges, and other fees as described in your account fee schedule.
Debit Card purchases not available.
Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license.