DO NOT check this box if you are using a public computer. User IDs potentially containing sensitive information will not be saved.
Sign on to Online Banking
What to Expect: From Application Through Closing
Know what to expect after submitting your home loan application.
Your PNC Loan Officer and your home lending team will assist you from application through the closing process. But here’s an overview of what you can expect:
Step 1: Loan application Submitted
You’ve worked with a PNC Loan Officer to submit your home loan application and supporting documentation.
Step 2: Loan Estimate and Intent to Proceed
- PNC will provide your Loan Estimate three (3) business days after we receive your application.
- Your Loan Estimate outlines the terms of your loan, including the loan amount, interest rate, projected payment and closing costs.
What you need to do: If you haven’t already, contact your Mortgage Loan Officer to confirm that you want to proceed with your application. Please sign and return the forms enclosed in your welcome package and any additional documentation requested.
Step 3: Documentation
- Your Mortgage Loan Officer will work with you to verify your loan income and/or assets
- Buying: If an appraisal of your home is required, the appraiser will contact the seller's realtor to schedule schedule an appointment.
- Refinancing: If an appraisal of your home is required, the appraiser will contact you to schedule an appointment.
What you need to do: If you receive a request for additional information, it’s important to respond as quickly as you can or your closing date may be impacted.
Step 4: Loan Decision
- After we’ve reviewed your loan application, your Mortgage Loan Officer will notify you by phone or email to provide initial approval of your loan.
- If your loan is not approved, you’ll receive a letter explaining the decision.
What you need to do, as applicable: Insurance needs to be in place prior to final loan approval. Now’s the time to decide on homeowner’s, flood and other coverage. Please see below for more on types of insurance and insurance FAQs.
Step 5: Final Approval
- Your Mortgage Loan Officer will call or email you regarding your loan status and final approval.
- All loan conditions and requested information needs to be received prior to final approval. Closing typically takes seven (7) to ten (10) days after the final approval.
What you need to do: In some cases, we may ask for additional documentation prior to final approval. If requested, it’s important to act as quickly as possible.
Step 6: Closing
- PNC will provide your closing date along with your Closing Disclosure so that you receive this information three (3) business days before the closing date. Your Closing Disclosure includes details on the terms of your loan, including the loan amount, interest rate, expected payments, closing costs and more.
- For the closing, you’ll need to bring your homeowner’s insurance policy and other required insurance policies, a certified check for all closing costs and valid photo ID.
- Please check out our Closing Costs section below for more information.
What you need to do: Let your Mortgage Loan Officer know immediately if any changes need to be made to your Closing Disclosure. This could delay closing.
Discuss your preferences, learn more about your loan options, and see if you are pre-qualified.
Or Call Us:
Mon – Thurs: 8am – 10pm ET
Fri: 8am – 6pm ET
Sat – Sun: 8am – 5pm ET
Want a more complete picture of your home lending loan?
Explore the Understanding Home Lending Center to learn the mortgage process, find the right loan or line of credit for you, and explore options to lower your payments.
Mortgage Application Checklist
Mortgage Application Checklist
Use this list to gather what you need to apply for a home loan.
To apply for a home loan, you’ll need to provide information about your income, assets and debts, plus any circumstances that may impact your ability to repay.
Be prepared to provide some or all of the items below:
- Pay stubs for the last 30 days
- W-2 forms for the last two years
- Child support/alimony - Child support agreement and/or divorce decree and/or 12 months
- Award letter/1099 for social security, pension and disability
IF YOU ARE SELF-EMPLOYED
- Signed, completed tax returns for the past two years, including personal, partnership, and corporate, if applicable, including all schedules.
- Year-to-date business profit and loss statement for current year, if more than three months have passed since the end of the tax year
- Current balance sheet
ASSETS: SOURCES OF FUNDS/DOWN PAYMENT
- Original bank statements for the last three months, including savings, checking, and investment accounts
- Stocks and securities account statements for the last three months
- Closing Disclosure or Listing Agreement if using funds from the sale of property
- Sale of asset – proof of ownership, proof of sale, and proof of funds transfer
- For gift funds – a gift letter, evidence of transfer, and sometimes evidence of withdrawal
- Cancelled rent or mortgage payment checks for the past 12 months, if not available on credit report
- Copy of land contract, if applicable
- Child support/alimony
- Bankruptcy/Consumer Credit, if applicable
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, IF APPLICABLE
- Purchase agreement, including legal property descriptions and any addendum
- Explanation of discrepancies on credit
Closing Costs 101
Get a better idea of what fees and charges to expect during the closing process— whether you're buying a home or refinancing.
Important Legal Disclosures & Information
PNC, PNC HomeHQ, PNC Home Insight, and Home Insight are registered service marks of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. ("PNC"). PNC has pending patent applications directed at various features and functions of Home Insight Planner. All loans are provided by PNC Bank, National Association, a subsidiary of PNC, and are subject to credit approval and property appraisal.
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved. PNC Bank, National Association.
GET IN TOUCH
Banking on the Go
We have tools to help you bank when and where you want.Mobile Apps Directory »
Be part of our inclusive culture that strives for excellence and rewards talent.Visit PNC Careers »
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved.