Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
Offered Through PNC Investments.
PNC Investments offers access to more than 500 ETF product options from some of the top providers in the industry. Select from a wide variety of available funds to suit your investment preferences.
- Additional Information
- ETFs are investment portfolios, most of which are designed to track the performance of a specified index, less expenses, such as the S&P 500, MSCI World or NASDAQ Composite Index
- ETFs may also be actively managed, similar to open-end mutual funds
- Traded on the exchanges (similar to stocks)
- Can be purchased or sold during trading hours
- Composed of a diverse array of securities – stocks, bonds and commodities based on a specific investment objective
- Designed to track market indexes potentially made up of thousands of securities, enabling broad diversification and exposure to an entire asset class, country, region or sector via a single investment
- International and sector-focused ETFs may be used to add a specific focus to your investment portfolio
- Most ETFs publish their holdings daily, allowing for greater transparency
- ETFs are subject to fund specific investment risk including possible loss of investment
ETFs Compared to Actively Managed Funds
Since ETFs strive to reflect (not outperform) market indexes, portfolio turnover (the rate at which securities are replaced within a fund) is generally lower than that of actively managed mutual funds. With ETFs, investors are less likely to be subject to large capital gains exposures (and the associated tax consequences) that are generated by the frequent buying and selling within actively managed funds. Contact your tax advisor for additional information.
Pricing & Fees
Reach out to get started - we’re here to discuss your unique needs.
This material is meant to educate and not to provide legal, tax, accounting or investment advice. PNC Investments and its affiliates and vendors do not provide legal, tax or accounting advice.
"Recommended" articles and additional information may be provided by PNC Investments affiliates, including PNC Bank, PNC Wealth Management and PNC Institutional Asset Management.
Important Investor Information:
Brokerage and insurance products are:
Not FDIC Insured. Not Bank Guaranteed. Not A Deposit. Not Insured By Any Federal Government Agency. May Lose Value
Securities products and brokerage services as well as managed account advisory services are offered by PNC Investments LLC, a registered broker-dealer and a registered investment adviser and Member FINRA and SIPC. Annuities and other insurance products are offered through PNC Insurance Services, LLC, a licensed insurance agency (CA License #0B57695).
PNC Investments and PNC Insurance Services do not provide legal, tax, or accounting advice.
This document provides information on additional compensation that PNC Investments receives from certain mutual fund companies, 529 plan program managers and insurance companies.
This material does not constitute an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where or to any person to whom it would be unauthorized or unlawful to do so.
PNC Investments does not guarantee the performance of any investment. Investing results may vary. Investments may lose money. Diversification and asset allocation may not prevent a loss of investment.
PNC Investments LLC, PNC Insurance Services, LLC and PNC Bank, National Association are each affiliated with The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
Bank deposit products and services provided by PNC Bank, National Association. Member FDIC.