At PNC, "who we are" is more than the sum of "what we do." The choices we make and the way we behave are what demonstrate our commitment to customers, communities, and business partners. Here are the values developed by our employees that have guided us in the past and continue to guide us today:
- Performance: We are a public company, responsible to shareholders, operating in a highly competitive industry. We value, track and reward performance, using both widely accepted industry financial measures and our own standards.
- Customer Focus: Knowing our customers is the foundation for our marketplace success. We strive to understand customer needs, concerns and aspirations, and then deliver solutions to meet them.
- Respect: Great banking and customer service require speed and flexibility. We trust the capabilities, character and judgment of our colleagues, and empower them to make decisions for customers.
- Integrity: PNC operates in highly visible, regulated markets where trust and reputation are indispensable. In all our behavior, in all situations and circumstances, we operate with the highest ethical standards.
- Diversity: We understand the critical value of our differences and individual strengths. We celebrate the diversity and apply the strengths to our business practice and customer service.
- Teamwork: In our business, you can't be successful without a commitment to teamwork throughout every level of the organization. We work together to achieve our goals.
- Quality of Life: We recognize the importance of a healthy balance between business and personal life, and support it. We also support our employees as they contribute to the health and well-being of the communities in which they live.