For those who want more rewards for a broader relationship - Performance Checking gives you higher rates as your savings grows and allows you to leverage your full relationship with us to potentially avoid your monthly service charge.
Key Features and Benefits
- Earn cash with PNC Purchase Payback® 1
- Bonus rewards with your PNC Visa Credit Card
- Free transactions at over 7,200 PNC ATMs
- Reimbursement of non-PNC ATM fees and other bank's surcharge fees.
See how much in your area»
- Account earns interest on balances of $2,000 or more
- Unlimited check-writing
- Bonus rates on select CDs and IRA CDs
- 1 free Savings or Premium Money Market Account
No monthly service charge if you meet any ONE of the following requirements:
- Total qualifying direct deposit2 of $2,000 or greater per statement period
- $2,000 average monthly balance in checking
- $15,000 combined average monthly balance3 in PNC consumer deposits, loans and/or investments
Otherwise, the monthly service charge for Performance Checking is $15.
More Features & Benefits
- Free PNC-exclusive checks
- Free Overdraft Protection set up and transfers
- $10 annual fee discount on Safe Deposit Box
- Free American Express Travelers Cheques
- Free PNC Cashier's Checks
- Free Stop Payments
Direct Deposit - Sign up to have your payroll, pension, Social Security, or any regularly received income deposited directly to your account. Learn More»
Overdraft Protection - Safeguard your checking account by linking it to a Protecting Account - another PNC checking, savings, money market, credit card or line of credit. When there are insufficient funds in your account to pay for an item, funds can automatically transfer from the Protecting Account to cover your payments. Learn More»
PNC Bank Visa Debit Card - The PNC Visa Debit Card is the easiest way to pay, right from your checking account. Safer than cash, faster than writing checks, and every purchase can be tracked online or on your monthly statement. Learn More»
Auto Savings - Make automatic transfers from your PNC checking to your PNC savings or money market account. You choose the amount you want to transfer and how often. Learn More»
Automatic Loan Payment Plan - Take advantage of interest rate discounts on consumer installment loans and consumer lines of credit accounts with automatic payment from a PNC checking account. Interest rate discounts do not apply to PNC Mortgage loans.
Automatic Check Reorder - Automatic Check Reorder is a free service available to PNC personal checking and money market account customers who order their checks through one of PNC's primary check vendors. Learn More»
Online Banking - Simplify the way you manage your finances with PNC Online Banking. Check your balances & recent transactions, pay your bills, move money between your accounts, & even send money to your friends and family whenever you like. Learn More»
Earn cash back with PNC Purchase Payback and your PNC Bank Visa Debit Card1
Simply visit your Rewards Center in Online Banking and choose the offers you want; then shop or dine using your PNC Bank Visa Debit Card and follow the instructions on the offer. The cash you earn is then deposited into the account you choose. The more you use your card for purchases, the more offers you'll see.
Learn more about PNC Purchase Payback®.
Earn Bonus Relationship Rewards
With a PNC points Visa Credit Card
- Get 50% on base points earned when meeting checking account minimum balance requirements.
- Summary of PNC points Rewards Program
With a PNC CashBuilder Visa Credit Card
- Get 1.50% cash back when meeting checking account minimum balance requirements.
- Summary of CashBuilder Rewards Program
With a PNC Flex Visa Credit Card
- Get 100 bonus points for every $1 in non-promotional billed interest with $1,500 or more in total PNC checking account balances
- Get 100 bonus points for every $2 in non-promotional billed interest with $500 to $1,499.99 in total PNC checking account balances.
- Summary of Flex Rewards Program
- Offers are available from participating merchants. Your personal banking information is not shared with the merchants participating in PNC Purchase Payback. Whether you received offers may depend on using your PNC Visa Card, or where you use your PNC Visa card to make purchases. Not everyone will get the same offer.
- A qualifying direct deposit is a recurring electronic deposit made by an employer or an outside agency. Transfers made from one account to another or deposits made via a branch, ATM, online transfer, mobile device or the mail are not eligible to meet this requirement.
- PNC deposit accounts include consumer checking, savings, money market, certificate of deposit, and retirement certificate of deposit. PNC loan accounts include line of credit, auto or home equity installment loan, and mortgage loan. PNC linked investment balances include investment balances from a PNC Investments account including the value of any annuities if they are reflected on the PNC Investments account statement. Some accounts may not be eligible to be included in the combined average monthly balance requirement based on titling structure, product type or other constraints. A maximum of ten (10) linked PNC accounts, including this account, may be included in the combined average monthly balance relationship. Customer must request account be linked to receive relationship benefits. The outstanding balance on lines of credit, and the original principal amount on installment and mortgage loans, will be used to determine the combined average monthly balance.
PNC Purchase Payback is a registered mark of The PNC Financial Services Group.
Bank deposit products and services provided by PNC Bank, National Association. Member FDIC