'S' is for Savings®
PNC's 'S' is for Savings account helps young children learn financial basics through an interactive, online experience with tips from Sesame Street™. With this account, you can help your child learn about and begin to use money, as you save, share and spend together. See how it works»
Features and Benefits
- Comes with an interactive online banking experience including a Learning Center with Sesame Street tips on learning financial basics
- Earn interest on balances starting at $1.00
- Set up Auto Savings that allows you to establish a recurring savings routine to help meet your child's savings goals
- Make unlimited deposits (including transfers into the account)*
- No withdrawal fees if you are under age 18. Otherwise, get 3 free withdrawals per month (including transfers out of the account)*; then $3 for each additional withdrawal if the balance falls below $1,500.
- $25 minimum to open
- There is no service charge for account holders under 18. If you are 18 or older, maintain a $400 monthly balance to avoid a $4 monthly service charge
'S' is for Savings helps your child learn about and practice saving, sharing and spending money through an interactive, online experience along with tips on learning financial basics from Sesame Street.
Sign on to Online Banking and select the 'S' is for Savings account. You will see a table with three jars: one for savings, one for sharing and one for spending. When you add money to the account, it appears on the table, where it's ready to be placed into any of the three jars, depending on how your child wants to use it. As part of the experience, you and your child can move money around as often as you like to reinforce the concepts of saving, sharing and spending.
The Learning Center
Visit the Learning Center within the 'S' is for Savings experience for financial basic tips from your favorite Sesame Street characters. It also includes a number of activities you and your child can do together to build on the basic money concepts learned through the outreach initiative, For Me, for You, for Later: First Steps to Spending, Sharing, and Savings.
At PNC, we think starting early is important. And we're committed to helping kids start off right with financial education. That's why we offer tools to help you teach your child basic money concepts.
*A federal regulation limits the number of transfers that may be made from a savings or money market account. Please see our Consumer Schedule of Service Charges and Fees for additional information.
"Sesame Street" and associated characters, trademarks and design elements are owned and licensed by Sesame Workshop.
©2011 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved.
'S' is for Savings is a registered mark of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
Bank deposit products and services provided by PNC Bank, National Association. Member FDIC