'S' is for Savings
PNC's 'S' is for Savings account helps teach young children financial basics through an interactive, online experience with Sesame Street® ( tips. With this account, you can help your child learn about and begin to use money, as you save, share and spend together.
- Interactive online banking experience that presents basic money concepts with Sesame StreetTM tips on learning financial basics
- No service charge for account holders under 18
- Interest on balances starting at $1.00
- With Goal Setting, set specific savings goals with your child that they can achieve over time
Sesame Street®", "Sesame Workshop®" and associated characters, trademarks, and design elements are owned and licensed by Sesame Workshop.
©2015 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved.
'S' is for Savings is a registered mark of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
Try our traditional Standard Savings account. It is an easy option to get started on saving for a goal like a car or a vacation. Savings accounts are also a great way to teach children about money. In fact, at PNC, Savings accounts for children under 18 are always free - with no minimum balance requirement.
- Just $25 to open
- Higher relationship rates when you meet requirements for select linked PNC Checking accounts
- Auto Savings tool that allows you to establish a recurring savings routine
- Overdraft protection - link your Standard Savings account to your PNC checking account1
1 Federal regulation prohibits you from making more than a total of 6 transfers each month to other accounts from a savings or money market account (including transfers to another account for overdraft protection) or to third parties each month by check, through point-of-sale purchase transactions with a banking card, by preauthorized or automatic agreements, telephone, or online. See your account agreement for more information. Other limits may apply to your account. Excessive transactions may result in changing your Money Market or Savings account to a non-interest bearing checking account.
Certificate of Deposit (CD)
For years, CDs have been popular with savers looking for more predictability for their funds. And for good reason. CDs are the easiest way to save if you don't need immediate access to your money. They usually pay you a higher interest rate than a traditional savings or money market account and, generally, the longer the term of the CD, the higher the interest rate.
- Fixed rate of return (earn higher rates with longer terms)
- Variety of terms available ranging from 7 days to 10 years with automatic renewal
- FDIC insured to the maximum permitted by law
- Supplement retirement savings with a tax-deferred IRA CD
Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
An Idividual Retirement Account (IRA) is one of the best tools to help you fund your retirement, combining the benefits of tax deferral with potential interest compounding.
To dertermine which IRA is best for you contact us at 1-800-PNC-IRAs (1-800-762-4727) or complete the IRA Contact Form to have us contact you.
Based on your transaction needs, a PNC checking account may be most suitable for you. PNC Bank checking accounts deliver a higher level of performance with features like:
- Free and unlimited transactions at over 7,200 PNC ATMs
- Unlimited check writing
- Free Online Banking and Bill Pay1
- Earn cash with PNC Purchase Payback® 2
- Multiple ways to avoid a monthly service charge
And if you choose a Virtual Wallet option, you’ll also have access to a range of tools and features that provide a clear and innovative way to view and manage your finances.
1. Online Banking is free to customers with an eligible account; however there may be a fee for certain optional services. We reserve the right to decline or revoke access to Online Banking or any of its services. All online banking services are subject to and conditional upon adherence to the terms and conditions of the PNC Online Banking Service Agreement.
2. Offers are available from participating merchants. Your personal banking information is not shared with the merchants participating in PNC Purchase Payback. Whether you receive offers may depend on using your PNC Visa Card, or where you use your PNC Visa card to make purchases. Not everyone will get the same offer.
PNC Purchase Payback is a registered mark of The PNC Financial Services Group.