PNC Easy Lock is not a replacement for reporting your debit or credit card lost or stolen. If you believe your debit or credit card has been lost or stolen, please contact PNC immediately at 1-888-762-2265 and continue to monitor your account activity for unauthorized transactions.
PNC Easy Lock®
Misplaced your card? Use PNC Easy Lock to stop new transactions.
An Easy Way to Help Protect Your Debit or Credit Card
Lock your card when your card is misplaced.
- Lock your personal or business debit or credit card, keeping it from being used for new purchases, cash advances or withdrawals. Whenever or wherever you’ve misplaced your card – knowing you’ll eventually find it – locking it is easy.
- Enjoy control over your card in real-time, making sure no new purchases, cash advances or withdrawals can be made while your card is locked.
- Once your card is found, unlocking it is just as easy.
How To Use PNC Easy Lock
Don't panic! Locking and unlocking your PNC Debit or Credit Card is as easy as 1-2-3.
Watch & Learn
Using Online Banking to Lock Your Card
Using the PNC Mobile App to Lock Your Card
An Extra Layer of Protection
When to Use PNC Easy Lock.
- Misplaced your card? PNC Easy Lock puts you in control by allowing you to lock it when you can't locate your personal or business debit or credit card. Locking your card means no new purchases, cash advances or withdrawals can be made until you unlock it. You should continue to monitor your account activity for unauthorized transactions or errors while the card is locked.
- Locking your card is fast and can ensure no new purchases, cash advances or withdrawals will be accepted. However, recurring transactions to merchants may still go through.
- PNC Easy Lock is not a replacement for reporting your card as lost or stolen. If you need to report a lost or stolen debit card, please follow these steps to report via mobile app or online banking. If reporting a lost or stolen credit card, then please follow the instructions here to report via mobile app or online banking. Or, contact us immediately at 1-888-762-2265.
For more information, see our FAQs located in the PNC Mobile app or PNC Online Banking.
While purchases, cash advances, and withdrawals are stopped when you lock your debit or credit card, certain transactions will continue, such as transactions identified as recurring by the merchant (both new and previously scheduled), transactions made with other cards linked to a business credit card account, transactions made with other cards linked to your checking/savings account (debit card, banking card and University debit card only), university/college services, including meal plan transactions and dorm access (University debit card only), balance transfers, overdraft protection and payments made to your account (credit card only), reward redemptions, checks, account related fees, interest, dispute adjustments, posting of merchant refunds or other credits to your account, and other exempt transactions.
Also, transactions made and authorized (pending) prior to locking your card will not be blocked.
PNC does not charge a fee for Mobile Banking. However, third party message and data rates may apply. These include fees your wireless carrier may charge you for data usage and text messaging services. Check with your wireless carrier for details regarding your specific wireless plan and any data usage or text messaging charges that may apply. Also, a supported mobile device is needed to use the Mobile Banking App. Mobile Deposit is a feature of PNC Mobile Banking. Use of the Mobile Deposit feature requires a supported camera-equipped device and you must download a PNC mobile banking app. Eligible PNC Bank account and PNC Bank Online Banking required. Certain other restrictions apply. See the mobile banking terms and conditions in the PNC Online Banking Service Agreement.
PNC Easy Lock is a registered mark of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
Apple, Apple Watch, iCloud, Mac, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone, Face ID, Touch ID and Apple Pay are trademarks of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google Pay and Google Play™ and Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.