Virtual Wallet Student has no minimum balance requirement or monthly service charge for active students for six years from the date of account opening. You may be asked to provide proof of active enrollment in a qualifying educational institution. At the end of the six years, your account will be converted to Virtual Wallet and subject to the Virtual Wallet Features and Fees in effect at that time. If you transfer this account to a different product or account type during the first six years, you will forfeit the benefits of the Virtual Wallet Student account and will not be able to transfer back to the Virtual Wallet Student account.
A digital banking experience to keep your money organized while you're in school.
Open a new Virtual Wallet Student and get certain benefits for up to six years, including:
- No monthly service charge.
- One automatic courtesy refund of any Overdraft Item fees associated with the first overdraft event on your Spend account.
- One incoming domestic or international wire transfer per statement period at no charge.
- Automatic enrollment for online statements and documents the first time you sign on to PNC Online Banking, and the option to choose paper statements at no charge.
Plus, still receive benefits standard to Virtual Wallet, like:
- A PNC Bank Visa Debit® Card.
- Free Mobile and Online Banking to manage your money how and when you want.
- Reimbursement of the fee or the first two domestic or international non-PNC Bank ATM transactions made on your Spend, Reserve or Growth accounts per statement period.
- $5.00 reimbursement of other financial institutions' ATM surcharge fee per statement period.
- PNC cardholders can enjoy fee-free access to more than 60,000 PNC and Partner ATMs coast-to-coast, including approximately 41,000 Allpoint ATMS found in many top retailers nationwide.
- International Services including language interpretation.
Apply from your computer or mobile device.
Haven't decided yet? Would you like more information or to apply for an account in a branch?
Manage Your Money on the PNC Mobile App
Digital tools that help you see what's free to spend, stay on track with your budget & reach your financial goals.
Budget and spend wisely
- Money Bar®
- Spending & Budgets
Know when your balance is low
- Low Cash Mode®
- Danger DaySM
Stick to your plan
- Savings Rules
- Savings Goals
Virtual Wallet Student accounts will receive an automatic courtesy refund of the fee for the first Overdraft event (Spend account only). Although the fee may be refunded, the transaction will be considered an overdraft occurrence when determining any subsequent overdraft fee. You will be responsible for paying the overdraft balance.
PNC does not charge a fee for Mobile Banking. However, third party message and data rates may apply. These include fees your wireless carrier may charge you for data usage and text messaging services. Check with your wireless carrier for details regarding your specific wireless plan and any data usage or text messaging charges that may apply. Also, a supported mobile device is needed to use the Mobile Banking App. Mobile Deposit is a feature of PNC Mobile Banking. Use of the Mobile Deposit feature requires a supported camera-equipped device and you must download a PNC mobile banking app. Eligible PNC Bank account and PNC Bank Online Banking required. Certain other restrictions apply. See the mobile banking terms and conditions in the PNC Online Banking Service Agreement.
Online Banking is free to customers with an eligible account; however there may be a fee for certain optional services. We reserve the right to decline or revoke access to Online Banking or any of its services. All online banking services are subject to and conditional upon adherence to the terms and conditions of the PNC Online Banking Service Agreement.
In the event PNC determines that there has been fraudulent or excessive ATM usage on the account, PNC is not obligated to reimburse any related surcharge fees, and any related reimbursements must be repaid. Surcharge fees not identified within the transaction by the originating financial institution may not be reimbursed. Any fee reimbursements occur at the end of the statement period.
Partner ATMs are not owned by PNC, and may be limited to cash withdrawal functionality.
Low Cash Mode is a registered mark of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
Visa® is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license.
Virtual Wallet Student is a registered trademark of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
Virtual Wallet is a registered mark of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.