What's Virtual Wallet All About???
Let's break it down
Banking Made Simple
Virtual Wallet gives you three ways to manage your money. It's tailored to your needs so you can spend, save and grow your finances.
Primary checking account
This is your go-to for everyday spending and bills. It comes with a Virtual Wallet VISA® Debit Card for making purchases and withdrawing money at more than 7,200 ATMs. You can even supercharge it with Performance Spend to earn higher rewards with your PNC Visa Credit Cards, interest on balances and more.
For short-term savings
Time to buy a new computer? Digital camera on the fritz? Reserve is just the place to save up for purchases like these. It also serves as your primary Overdraft Protection, so you can save the day by transferring money (free of charge) to Spend if you're about to overdraw.
For long-term savings
Get a head start saving up for the big stuff (like a home or car) with Growth. A highly competitive interest rate1 makes it the perfect way to grow financially and put something aside for the future. It also acts as your secondary Overdraft Protection, for extra backup just in case2.
- No monthly service charge for Virtual Wallet if you meet any ONE of the following requirements:
- $500 qualifying monthly direct deposit* to the spend account
- $500 combined average monthly balance in the Spend and/or Reserve account
- Use of only ATMs, online banking, mobile banking or other electronic methods to make withdrawals and deposits
- Proof of active enrollment in an educational institution (monthly service charge waiver expires 6 years after it is assigned).
- You may write unlimited checks at no charge.
- $15 incoming wire fee will apply to all incoming wires. If you are in the Student Banking program enrolled in a school where PNC Bank has a relationship you will continue to receive 1 free domestic or international incoming wire per statement period. If you don't see your school at pnc.com/studentbanking, please call or stop by any PNC branch.
Otherwise, the monthly service charge is $7.
* A qualifying direct deposit is a recurring electronic deposit made by an employer or an outside agency. Transfers made from one account to another or deposits made via a branch, ATM, online transfer, mobile device or the mail are not eligible to meet this requirement.